[solved] FanartHandler: Duplication options (1 Viewer)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The duplication reduction feature works brilliiant, It's really nice to see that duplicate Fanarts are no longer downloaded and that existing Fanarts get replaced by similiar high quality Fanarts! (y)
    I really appreciate your efforts!

I spent some time to evaluate and test this new feature.
    With the sensitivity values 20 for color and 40 % for content difference I had the lowest false detections and the best duplication reduction. I'd suggest to set them as default for the best out of the box user experience.

And I'd suggest the following text to make the settings more understandable to the users.

Duplication options
    Check Fanarts for duplication Replace existing Fanarts by duplicates with more file size

Sensitivity
    (low values = less false detections, high values = less duplicates)
    Allowed color coding difference to existing Fanarts (values 0 - 255) - I recommend 20
    Content difference to existing Fanarts in % when new Fanarts are not stored - I recommend 40 %

Exceptions options
    Don't download Fanarts for Various Arists

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    ajs FanartHandler as MusicInfoHandler replacement Fanart Handler 11
    catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 9
    G Q about scheduling weekly series when epg lists duplicate back to back episodes each week General Support 2
    vapourEyes Automatically Tune to Strongest Duplicate Channel Improvement Suggestions 106
    SpudR Forum Duplicate lines in 'Watched' Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 2
    A Duplicate records in VideoDatabaseV5.db3 Watch / Listen Media 6
    W XMLTVImport duplicate item error xmlTV 5
    H 1.24.0 MP 1.24 high CPU utilization when 'Keep MediaPortal always on top' option enabled Bugreports 4
    raffe [TV] Option for adding IPTV channels without checking Improvement Suggestions 0
    doskabouter [Question] Optional installation of subcomponents in MPE1 Developer Discussions 1
    Neoculture "Recently Added" option My TVSeries 8
    N What do the series recording options mean, and why is MP2 recording random programs? General 3
    HTPCSourcer [Finished] [MP2-793] 'Restart MP2' as additional option in shutdown menu Archive 6
    N Option to "Filter" Images by folder name Feature Requests 8
    J Option to rename the programs during advance scheduling Feature Requests 0
    Rob Hexenmeister Shutdown options General Support 0
    M [solved] Can't get TV option on installation Installation, configuration support 10
    G Splash screen option pack does not download. StreamedMP 8
    Top Bottom