[solved] FanartHandler not download music artists thumbs anymore (1 Viewer)

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Do I need to clear everything and try to scrap again and then send you the log? By chance I am still with my test version of about 30 artists!

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Send what is, I'll look. Can be cleaned and not necessary.

--
    WBR, ajs

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I replaced the .dll with the new one, clear all thumbs (artists and albums).
    Then I did a full scrap and looked at the result: all albums were downloaded with their thumbs; all artists were downloaded but without any thumb. So I did "Cleanup Missing Thumbnails" and I did a new full scrap: 8 artists were downloaded but this time with teir thumbs.
    Artist thumbs are correctly downloaded in "playing now".
    See the FanartHandler log to see the strange behaviour when "playing now" Black Eyes Peas: trying to download a thumb for black EP and then another one for "the": I think it's a wrong tag, no?

ajs, I don't want to take more of your time with that because everything works fine when the artist is in "playing now " configuration.

I have a suggestion: in "External Handled Fanart" why you do not implement ShowTimes? ShowTimes downloads fanarts and it would be nice to have them displayed in the home menu, same thing than with MovingPictures! In a previous configuration I used for that a soft to synchronize the ShowTimes fanart file with one (not usefull for me) of FHandler.

Thanks for all your efforts!

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I did not work with show time, remind me in a day or two. I will try to do support

--
    WBR, ajs

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Was this ever fixed? Just noticed I have no artist thumbs anymore too. Could have been like this for a long time as I don't often play music from MP anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom