Faster image browsing (1 Viewer)

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
Well thanks for the somewhat dissapointing answer - I thought I had it all covered...

Which dx9 compatible GPU/chipset can you recommend. My requirements are low priced and passive cooling ?

Rybber

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
August 26, 2004
Airy Crater, Mars
Home Country
Rybber said:
Well thanks for the somewhat dissapointing answer - I thought I had it all covered...

Which dx9 compatible GPU/chipset can you recommend. My requirements are low priced and passive cooling ?

Rybber
Well I also have an ATI 9200 and have, after downloading the latest Catalyst drivers, No problems with MP and CPU load...

But if you really want a cheap, passive cooled DX9 card, you should go for the NVidia FX5200, the cheapest DX9 card around (50-60 euro)

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
@ Mars Warrior:

I have the latest drivers too from Asus' own site - should I use thos directly from ATI instead?

I have no problem running MP, but I'm just noticing that it's a lot slower than Meedio (yes I know it's alpha SW).

So I though there might be room for improvement :)

@ Mr. Mario:

I have now installed MP on my main computer (Athlon 2800, Geforce 3 Ti 200). It seems to run faster than on the HTPC, but I'll try and monitor CPU load while MP is running on the HTPC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom