[confirm] Fatal crash playing Music (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I was either in the Now Playing screen or the Home screen when this error occurred (the error popup appears on my monitor rather than my TV so I didn't notice it immediately). Clicking on the error popup closed MP.

I can see there's a lot of errors about Set and Undo in the logs.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    Try to reproduce it with clean log and try to describe step by step :p

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    This was a crash in mscorlib which I have seen before but is very very intermittent (once every few months and I play a fair amount of music) and seem to recall seeing this when I had been doing other things

This would appear to be a bug in the .NET framework
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/netfxbcl/thread/48b4a763-7387-46da-8fc2-3e885670f62c
    never managed to track down where in our code we are sometimes triggering this bug.

Interestingly the last thing in your logs before the crash was the audioscrobbler plugin. I have not seen this in a while but I have been using an updated last.fm plugin (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/auto-dj-mode-rework-of-last-fm-code.106835/) so perhaps that could be related?

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for the explanation. I am running on my PC which I use for other stuff at the moment (hence the dual-screen, although I wasn't actively doing anything else at the time but maybe the browser was open and triggered something) so it may be I never see this on my other PC, which whilst not a dedicated HTPC at least runs any other stuff under a separate user account via RDP.

Certainly sounds like it might be giving your modified last.fm plugin, so I'll try that :)

EDIT: I note with the audioscrobbler plugin disabled, I also have to disable Last.fm Radio. Is there some alternative plugin you use to provide access to Last.fm instead?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom