Feature Req: Amiga Module Support? (1 Viewer)

gibxxi

January 3, 2009
Hi All,

I've read in my reseach of MP that it was originally a recode of XBMC. I understand that it's almost a totally different animal now to what XBMC is, but there is one feature MP lacks, that XBMC does have which interests me...

Amiga Module Support.

I did a bit of research on the "BASS" engine used by MP, and it natively supports all of the most common "MOD" formats, it's just that this functionality has not been exploited, as yet, by the MP devs.

I have a sizeable MOD collection, and currently to get these files to play inside MP, I have to run Winamp as an external program to play back my MODs. One of the reasons for looking for a program like MP, for me, was everything I require under one piece of software.

MP is already 100 times better than Media Center (XP) out of the box, which won't even run on my setup anyway (black screen) so kudos to the developers for making a really useful, not to mention stable substitute.

Seeing as the BASS engine seems to support MOD playback, would it be possible to add this functionality to MP as some future date? OK so the number of us that would like to see such a feature are likely to be small, but it's a feature nonetheless.

Winamp is resource hungry these days (No thanks to AOL) and you can't run the built-in visulizations when playing through an external player either. It just seems to me, that this would be a logical feature addition.

Sorry If I've posted this in the wrong place.

:)

Regards,

Gibxxi

gibxxi

January 3, 2009
Yes, Nothing is displayed in the folder where they are stored. Do I have to do anything else to get MP to see them?

EDIT: I tried this before and it didn't work (for some reason). However, after adding all "mod" formats to MP's list of recognized music types, it now works.

Excuse me while I take myself outside and beat myself with a large shovel for making such a noobie mistake.

There are some issues with "clicking / distortion" in some of the mods I tried, but this is probably down to the BassCodec, which you've already said you'll be upgrading.

Thanks hwahrmann, you've made my day, again sorry for the noobie error.

;)

Regards,

Gibxxi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom