Feature request: Add symbols of Kijkwijzer! EXAMPLE IMAGE INCLUDED! (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello my friends,

I think I have a nice idea for IMDB+

In the netherlands we have our own certification system for movies (Welkom op kijkwijzer.nl - kijkwijzer.nl) with some nice images.. This images are showed on MovieMeter.nl - De filmsite voor liefhebbers for each film, so maybe it can scrap it from there and let the image showup in the moviedetails in StreamedMP by example..

have made a quick image where you can see what I mean!

Hope you like the idea..

Attachments

• kijkwijzer.jpg
      kijkwijzer.jpg
      314.5 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It would be no problem to scrape it.

The problem is there is no field inside MovingPictures to support it for me to then store this information in, so that a skin can retrieve it later on for display usage. Last version of MovPic added functional support for movie.studio (IMDb+ has full support for this for a few months already so you just need to upgrade to MovPic v1.3+), and an alike expansion would be needed to add support for movie.kijkwijzer sort of speak. However I can tell you now, such a specific support for Dutch Kijkwijzer support will never happen.

Of course I've figured out a lot of workarounds already to make IMDb+ functional and abuse the existing limits and pushed it far beyond. So let me think it over a bit, see if I can come up with a way in which it can be added to an existing MovPic database field without breaking backwards compatability.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi RoChess!

Thanks a lot for your feedback..

I don't think that this is only a nice feature for Dutch users.. Personally, I think that users also from other countries would like to see this option! With this icons it's easy to see if a movie provides violence, sex, coarse language,fear, etc.. and for with age the film is recommended for..

I think it's also a nice option for people with kids; Now they can very easely see if the movie is suitable for there (young) kids.. Users only need to learn what the icons mean, but I think the images speak for them self..

I'm using Movingpictures 1.3 allready, but so there is space now for the icons like you said..

Please let me know if I can do anything to help you with this feature.. I can re-design the icons maybe, and give them a nice Mediaportal style..

Thanks again for thinking with me!

:D

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is exactly what I have been looking for. I've been trying to get the genre and MPAA/BBFC icons to show up on the screen for each film but to no avail. I'd be interested to see if this can be done via IMBD+.

Steven

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Any news on this? :)

Not yet, this is one of those features that sound easy to implement and strictly speaking it is. The problem comes into play with not breaking it for users who don't care for this feature, and how to implement it properly for those that do. It is at least going to require an update to IMDb+ scraper-script and some skin files.

The problem with the latter is that I normally only deal with Default/DefaultWide skin files and that skin developers on the other skins such as aMPed, StreamedMP, etc then apply the changes to their skin. But I'm not sure yet if this can be done via conditional skin checks, meaning the old current system will work fine and the 'kijkwijzer' stuff will kick in only when it is detected.

But I did not forget :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any news on this? :)

Not yet, this is one of those features that sound easy to implement and strictly speaking it is. The problem comes into play with not breaking it for users who don't care for this feature, and how to implement it properly for those that do. It is at least going to require an update to IMDb+ scraper-script and some skin files.

The problem with the latter is that I normally only deal with Default/DefaultWide skin files and that skin developers on the other skins such as aMPed, StreamedMP, etc then apply the changes to their skin. But I'm not sure yet if this can be done via conditional skin checks, meaning the old current system will work fine and the 'kijkwijzer' stuff will kick in only when it is detected.

But I did not forget :)

WOW That's a fast response :) Thanks..

I understand what you mean.. It would be nice if you could set an option in the script to en/disable the feature.. About the skinfiles: I think I can handle the StreamedMP skin myself.. If you could provide a default skinfile, I can add it to StreamedMP.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, ran into an obstacle already.

I don't 'scrape' the moviemeter.nl website to get the Dutch information, instead I use their API system. This puts less strain on their servers and is the recommended way to go about it.

However they don't provide the 'kijkwijzer' info via their API system.

Data I can use by using 'Avatar' as an example: Paste2: Next Generation Pastebin - Viewing Paste 1879793

Which as you can see for yourself, does not contain the 'kijkwijzer' info needed.

So if you want this, you will have to start a grassroot movement to ask the MovieMeter developers to add the kijkwijzer info to their API system. It's a valid request and they obviously have the data available, but they might not see it that way.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So if you want this, you will have to start a grassroot movement to ask the MovieMeter developers to add the kijkwijzer info to their API system. It's a valid request and they obviously have the data available, but they might not see it that way.

Done!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom