[Feature Request] Album Fanart support (1 Viewer)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi everybody!

I think that is quite common to have different albums from the same artist in our music collections.

I was wondering if there is a way do have the background changed according to the album title and not to the artist name. For example i have two Dream Theater albums in my collection: "Images And Words" and A "Dramatic Turn Of Events". The band had two different lines-up for the albums (Mike Portnoy, I miss you!!!!). How can I have the right background images with the band line-up according to the album?

I hope I have explained clearly the point... ;)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi All,

Just changed the title for a feature request for this plug-in. To summarize:

When browsing the music albums, normally the artist fanart is diplayed on the background. It would be nice to have the possiblity to display a specific fanart for each album. In this way:

- even the more obscure albums would get fanart
- artists who've had a long career can have a group shot from that time with the correct members
- movie soundtracks can have the movie's backdrop
- etc.

Looking forward for any feedback.

Cheers,

emphatic and axlt2002

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Has any developer of the plug-in a feedback about this proposal? :love:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Has any developer of the plug-in a feedback about this proposal?
    I'm trying to understand the plugin. But not fully understand how it works. :whistle:
    And how to do what you want.:cool:
    Not one site does not provide this information, there is a backdrop for the artist and have thumbnails for the album. How to understand a backdrop display for the album is unknown. :coffee:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What's needed here can't be accomplished by scraping. The user has to put fanart in the album folder as the logic needs a human brain. :)

Just adding a function into FanArtHandler that will override the artist fanart if a "fanart.jpg" exists in the album's folder.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom