[Usability] Feature Request - Filtering list views using sms style input (aka MovPic Remote Control Filtering) (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

In MovingPictures it is possible to filter the list using sms input on the remote control, you spell the name as if you are typing a text message. As additional characters are input, it keeps performing matches on the characters entered against any part of the entries in the list.. I love this feature for large lists (1000+) eg. music section, rather than the default first letter matching.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hey Kiwi.

My meaning was more.. can it be done in the default MePo core MyMusic plugin / module.. If not it will have to be a feature request. I rarely used MePo for my music (the collection is quite large after many years) because it was a major pain cycling through the lists. Even being able to jump to first letters doesn't help in some case (many artists with the same first letter in the name).

MovingPictures has nailed this navigation issue with the SMS filtering input :) I want it in MyMusic :)

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Kiwi, could you do the honours and move this thread to sub forum:

Mediaportal 1 -> Other features (of release or svn versions)

please.. Or wherever is most appropriate :)

Thanks!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bump along - it is a great feature that should be available everywhere.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    The usability of this type of filter / search is so good for large collections I surprised there seems little demand for it! Been a while since I raised it so thought I'd ask again. Maybe it is unique to larger collections when scrolling through entries beginning with a single letter is tiresome because of the size but for me it's one of those little things that makes MovPics so fantastic to use..

It should be the default search everywhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom