Feature Request: Mirror keyboard commands in Remote mapping (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's bugged me for a while that when I press the Info key on my remote whilst watching TV, it brings up the OSD but pressing it again doesn't hide the OSD but brings up another menu and it takes a third press of the key to get clear TV again.

I just found, by complete accident, that pressing Y on the keyboard toggles the OSD on/off, so I thought "Why can't I do this with my remote".

I've found a way to do so, which might be wrong but it seems to work OK at the moment. Nonetheless, it seems strange that if the facility to toggle the OSD is built-in to MP, I can't simply assign it to a remote button (which I imagine is how most users control their HTPCs) but can only access it from the keyboard.

Anyway, here's what I've got in my remote mapping to make it work for me for now. It's basically "FullScreenTV" ShowOSD, "No Condition" Previous Menu.

Code:
<button name="Menu/i" code="2013">
<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="24" focus="True" />
<action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="10" />
</button>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom