Feature Request : No. Of Films Missing From Series (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Rochess,

I don't know if you could build this into a future version but I was looking through the rename library and I noticed a lot of films that I either didn't know were coming out or didn't know they belonged to a particular series and so are not in my collection.

Using the info you get from IMDB+, would you be able to, in some way, show how many films are missing from a group/series and then via another screen in the gui, show the user which films are needed to complete these groups??

Thanks in advance.

Steven

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Rochess,

I don't know if you could build this into a future version but I was looking through the rename library and I noticed a lot of films that I either didn't know were coming out or didn't know they belonged to a particular series and so are not in my collection.

Using the info you get from IMDB+, would you be able to, in some way, show how many films are missing from a group/series and then via another screen in the gui, show the user which films are needed to complete these groups??

That is actually an existing enhancement planned for IMDb+. However it is hard to show this info inside Moving-Pictures and there is no real nice GUI way to show it in IMDb+. But we are working on it. For now you can at least look at your IMDb+.log file as it does already contain some more information towards that goal.

But we are already interacting with MovingPictures, and just like we are able to only refresh the movies that exist in the rename/replacement database, it should be possible to do that in reverse and compare which movies you have. However there currently is no connection inside the rename database that identifies the film series at technical level, so the best I could do is look for simelair prefixes. Still in worst case that would mean we simply show all rename database entries and highlight the ones you have in a different color.

If things however work out we can at least filter the large list down then to the film series you have, but you will then possibly miss out on knowing the existance of some "(Original)" editions on a movie you have. Would then also have to add all the movies into the rename database that do not actually require a rename, just so that we can detect that they are part of that method. So a first implementation might be just to show "all" with possibly the expansion to filter it down to just the film-series you have.

It won't be the next planned upgrade of IMDb+ plugin, as that one is meant for the language updates and expanded foreign rating systems, but just keep an eye on release log, in the next months hopefully we can get something out that will offer what you seek.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thats great news. I think if u can pull it off, its gonna be a really useful feature because if I hadn't looked at the rename database, I'd be non the wiser and have films missing from my collection and now I have a list of films I need to get to complete a series etc.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom