Feature request: optional movie title display over fanart (1 Viewer)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
I'm not sure whether this is the right forum to post in, because this request relates to a combination of aMPed and MyFilms.
Anyway, I wonder if it would be possible to add this feature: on the main MyFilms screen (the one with the views list) aMPed shows a random fanart on the right side of the screen. Since MyFilms cycles through all the fanarts of the entire movie collection, I use to play a little game with friends and family: guess which movie the currently shown fanart is related to. So I wonder if it could be possible to add a button or something in order to let movie title (and maybe also year and director) display over the fanart.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In the main list layout, the movie title, year and director already display. Do you mean you want NOT to display it until you press a button? Maybe I did not understand correctly?

It might be easier to do that using the Fanart view in MyFilms - i.e. when you press the right arrow on the Details window. You can browse in Details view using page down/up keys IIRC. It would be easier to NOT display the info on that fanart view - then you press the left arrow to go back to Details view and see the title etc.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Dadeo, thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I did not explain myself. It's about the views list, i.e. the list I get when I hit the "Films" button on the Basic Home menu (see attached screenshots). The desidered feature would allow the related movie title to show up over the fanart shown on the right side of the screen. This would be just for fun, i.e. only to play the little guessing game I was talking about.

Attachments

• Basic Home.jpg
      Basic Home.jpg
      317 KB
    • Views list.jpg
      Views list.jpg
      361.6 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ah you mean on the Views Menu not the Films list (as you said before DUH!)
    Unfortunately I don't think that is possible - MyFilms displays random fanart from whatever 'view' is highlighted on the menu - same as when you select a view such as a year or genre view, the fanart images are randomly displayed from that category/year etc. However AFAIK the plugin does not provide a skin property for which fanart image is displayed. I'll think about it and see if I can figure out some way. I often thought about doing that on the Basic Home screen - for the same reason (guessing game for guests) - but never figured out how.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom