Feature Request: Play trailer for a movie file (1 Viewer)

Bitkeeper

Portal Member
May 27, 2005
Vienna (Austria)
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi!

For most of my movies I have a separate trailer file (~30s).

Being in file view, watching trailers is quite easy as one can select the trailer of a movie manually.

But: When browsing the movie database there seems not to be an easy way to watch a trailer for a movie except putting it in the list of files for the movie and play it every time when starting a movie.

Feature Request:
It should be possible in the config tool to specify not only the video files for a movie but also the trailer file. Having this, it would be possible to have a "play trailer" button in the movies view that plays the trailer!

Bitkeeper

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I like the idea... so if its availble on the system then play it (on request), if not stream it if available?

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes but then you couldn't easily select just the trailer to play. :wink:

Concept would be press F3 on a movie which brings up the movie infomation etc.
    Then there is a button, say under the play button called 'play trailer'.
    Which would therefore play the trailer assigned to that movie - yes using a naming convention... say Spiderman-Trailer.mov for Spiderman.avi or Spiderman-CD1.avi / Spiderman-CD2.avi.

If the trailer does not exist then it scrapes a web site to stream it... bit more complicated.

DMAN

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

dman_lfc said:
    Yes but then you couldn't easily select just the trailer to play. :wink:

Sure you can and much easier. ;) If you stack movies and hit enter on them to play, you can choose which CD is to be played. So you can skip the trailer or not.

Besides that the idea for trailers in detailed view is a nice one. :)

Flip.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    This is a cool idea... I also like the idea of a plugin that goes out to the apple site and downloads all the latest trailers. I know meedio has a plugin like this. You can check it out at Meedio's site under add-ins.
    When I used meedio years ago this was one of the coolest plugins. Someone should create a plugin like this for MP and then also create a plugin like this thread is talking about. Maybe they could set up both with the same plugin... that would be sweet.

Zipperzip

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2004
    The Netherlands
    I was trying to learn c# and was working on a apple movie trailer plugin,
    but then i found out that MP doesn't support streaming movie-files, yet.

And the streaming that it supports is done by Windows Media Player. And WMP doesn't stream .mov files :cry:

I also think it would be awesome to stream trailers or other sites like iflims.com etc.

Well hope that there is a dev who can help us :wink:

Greets, Zipperzip

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP supports streaming - besides which it's probably better to download it for future playback use anyway.

Zipperzip - Quicktime alternative allows mov files to be played back in WMP.

DMAN.

Bitkeeper

Portal Member
    May 27, 2005
    Vienna (Austria)
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi all!

What does this mean now? I understood that there is a valid workaround in naming trailers always as the first file in the according movie queue.

But will a seperate button be implemented in one of the next releases (besides the necessary change in the movie database section of the config app)?

Bitkeeper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom