Feature Request: Show Windows Taskbar when not in foreground (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Mediaportal is the only HTPC front-end I'm aware of that, when running fullscreen, forcibly suppresses the Windows Taskbar even when Mediaportal is not in the foreground.

- Launching another application from My Programs shows the app, but the taskbar remains hidden at the bottom of the screen
- Pressing the Windows key to see the taskbar pops up the Start Menu, but the taskbar remains hidden
- Pressing Windows-D, which is supposed to hide all active windows and expose the entire the desktop, still refuses to expose the taskbar

IMHO, until it's at the point where it replaces every other Windows app (or at least the taskbar! :D), this is a limitation. Since people are asking for enhancements to the My Programs plugin, I don't think I'm the only person who intends to use Mediaportal as a portal to the rest of my applications. Multitasking is one of those things that separates an Xbox from Windows and should be considered in the design, by allowing access to the taskbar as required.

Having said that, yes, the taskbar is exposed when Alt-Enter is pressed. But it's rather inconvenient to have to change to windowed mode before launching an external app, and then change back to fullscreen after. Why not just unhide the taskbar when Mediaportal is not in the foreground?

Thanks for listening, and take care,

-Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi! This should be doable by using dummy buttons for mouse is specific skin files. Personally, I don't know (but I really want to know) how to do it properly but guys like @ltfearme know.
Hi! This should be doable by using dummy buttons for mouse is specific skin files. Personally, I don't know (but I really want to...
Started on: 2014-10-24 last update: 2014-10-24 Summary: Oddly for an application that is not multi-platform, MediaPortal does not...
Replies
Views
Ok i think we can try to comment this line of code for now and see if it create another regression :)
Ok i think we can try to comment this line of code for now and see if it create another regression :)
In summary, when I have MediaPortal 1.16 showing Freeview TV (UK) it steals focus from other windows from time to time. This...
Replies
Views
Hi! Thanks for this great little program. Is it possible to change the volume while streaming? Thx fosching
Hi! Thanks for this great little program. Is it possible to change the volume while streaming? Thx fosching
Hi everyone, I've created a simple program that i use to watch netflix from mediaportal using Multishortcut from...
Replies
Views
Cheers for the replies folks turned a few things on and off with no luck. Then found the fast start option that CyberSimian suggested and that seems to have done the trick. Guess that's been activated by an update as I wouldn't have enough turned it on accidentally and haven't altered anything else I don't think. Thanks again for the...
Cheers for the replies folks turned a few things on and off with no luck. Then found the fast start option that CyberSimian...
Here is my user report and setup description of the Justop G-PC Quad Core Windows 8.1 Mini PC, which I bought from Amazon UK for 90...
Replies
Views
Windows action centre has a nasty habit of doing that.
Windows action centre has a nasty habit of doing that.
Hi, I've got an issue where by the Windows 7 (x86) taskbar will randomly come to focus, stealing all controls from MP and leaving...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom