Feature request - shut down via EPG (1 Viewer)

vlad2902

Portal Member
November 7, 2005
Romania
Hi
It may sound strange in the post title but here is my feature request.
Assume this scenario : you're in bed late night...wathching something interesting at TV. Maybe you're sensing that you're falling asleep or you're just a lazzy kind...so you acces the tv guide via the context menu on fullscreen tv and there you have the posbility to..."shut down the pc after this show ends".
I hope (ignoring my poor english) this ideea make sense for someone...
Thank you.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi vlad2902

Yes nice idea but the sleep timer option has also been put forward as in 15, 30, 60 and 90 minute shutdown delay which can be in the shutdown screen in big letters for those tired eyes to see.

8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Not that I know of...
    Not that I know of...
    GitHub repository | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
    Replies
    Views
    Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means team-members and plugin devs can reply, but others can not, hence it is "read only".
    Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means...
    Dear community, I started this thread some time ago in the internal team forums, but we think it is time to share it with you. It...
    Replies
    Views
    Big thanks for sure [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] Tapatalk
    Big thanks for sure [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] Tapatalk
    Downloads: Auto-3D-1-16-0 Short Description: If you start a 3D movie this plugin will recognize it and switch the MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    It's soooo true :D I have so many bug reports mostly about swagger and actual code mismatch. I've autogenerated my C# code with swagger and only half of methods worked from the box. The biggest problem for me are nullable types in C#. Integer in C# couldn't be null but no integer was tagged as nullable in swagger but several ones...
    It's soooo true :D I have so many bug reports mostly about swagger and actual code mismatch. I've autogenerated my C# code with...
    MP-TVSeries focuses on managing the user's TV Series library with minimal user interaction, allowing for a more user friendly and...
    Replies
    Views
    I will have to implement something ugly with the "preventing tasks" then, creating a dummy process as long as music is playing. Thanks for your info anyway!
    I will have to implement something ugly with the "preventing tasks" then, creating a dummy process as long as music is playing...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Beta MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide Windows Version: Windows 7 32bit CPU Type: Core2duo 6750 HDD...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom