Feature Request (1 Viewer)

druss

November 13, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This might allready be possible?

I have two tv series folders setup on the pc one for kids shows one for us grown ups.

Have 4 kids under 7 years old, I do not want the kids to be able to watch our tv shows due to swearing, violence, sex scenes etc.

ie. Dexter, City of Vice, Cracker etc.

Can we get a feature that shows the two folders ie KIDS , ADULTS but bars access to the Adults folder unless the mediaportal preset pin number is entered?

This way they will only get the listings of their tv shows when they enter their folder and have blocked access to the unsuitable stuff.

Likewise we wont get fraggle rock, lazytown, storm hawks and all the other trash appearing in our listings.

If it's allready possible and someone knows a way to do this then please let me know.

THANKS.

fndelta

Portal Member
June 3, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was just about to post something about this. Instead what you could do is just set a "password" to all the grown-up shows. IE just the V-chip for TVs

That would be extremely helpful

Thanks

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I could go on about how you should supervise your children when and what they watch on tv instead of just giving them a remote, and when they are older stop trying to "protect" them from all the adult stuff, but in the end it comes down to the fact that I have absolutely no personal interest in any such feature, so unless someone codes this up clean and nice and submits a patch, it won't get done.

druss

November 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok Inker, will have a look at code

It's not allways as simple with the kids. have 4 kids, 3 with ADHD, usually scattered around the house so when sorting out tubulance in one room in the other room......

The two older kids ( 7 & 5) are hi IQ's so they are the ones showing their mum how to use media portal.

But i can understand your comment even if do not neccessarily agree with it.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I understand druss, and I hope you understand that in no way did I intent to tell you how to raise you're children. It might have come across the wrong way.

Looking forward to you're patch :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    This function already works now, as I use it myself.

Use ViewTags as main view, and PIN protect the views not kid friendly.

You can also make the non-PIN kid view default, and then switch to a PIN protected view. Each view can be set to their own password inside MP-TVSeries, so you can even create a complex multi-user scenario, so that the 9 year old can watch certain shows with his PIN, and the adults can watch others with their PIN, etc.

Assigning same shows to multiple views has always been possible as well incase there is overlap, just keep in mind that multi-user watched-flag status is not supported, so keeping track of who watched what when multiple users watch the same show is a more complex matter. It is not impossible, but then you need a server/clients setup of MediaPortal with optional multiple Trakt accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom