Feature Requests (1 Viewer)

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Below is a partial quote from pgitta in another thread. His ideas strongly fit in with my thinking. So I thought I would just try to revive his suggestions in a new thread. He is a big fan of MP but had to drop it in favor of sage TV and here are some of the reasons why. Please consider these features for future releases of MP. I re-ordered his points according to my opinion of their importance.

• The "ComSkip" segments show on the video timeline, and I have the option to enable or disable comskip reading on a per program basis (in case the comskip results are poor for that program)
  • I can customize the look of many menus from within the program to make it look the way I want.
  • SageTV utilizes MUCH more of the information provided in the XMLTV file. (Original air date, etc) Also Sage offers data on the file itself. (Size, type, when encoded, etc)
  • SageTV has far, far, advanced recording options like Favorites, Wishlists, etc. This is such a huge part of a DVR that I am at a loss why MP devoted so little to it. For the record, "For The Record", IMO, is not a good option. It adds more complexity to the system, (more programs, services to worry about, takes over the GUI, and generally removes as much as it adds.) FTR people, please understand me. I used your add-on and it works, and I don't want make as if I didn't find it useful. I am only saying you should never have had to develop it in the first place. I know...harsh. But honest.
  • Not being able to tune a channel that is being either recorded or watched is crazy. I don't want a "No cards found..." message when I try to tune a channel someone else is watching. Why can't I watch the same thing? 1000 people can tune to the same channel without issue in SageTV even though that channel is using the one source. Why in the world should I have to get out of that screen and watch the "recorded" file to work around it? Big peeve for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom