Feature RQ: use folder name for imdb lookup & [tags]

Discussion in 'IMDb+' started by kiwijunglist, September 21, 2015.

1. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Hi @RoChess , I've got a feature request for IMDB+

I like to keep the original filename preserved, but I like to add the imdb tt# and any [tags] to the folder name. The reason to keep the filename intact, is for things like subtitle searches and also the original filename is good if you want to download a different version of the movie if it's a bad rip.

Example:

J:\MOVIES\Mad Max Fury Road (2015) [3D] tt1392190\
    Mad.Max.Fury.Road.2015.1080p.3D.BluRay.AVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-RARBG.mkv

In moving pictures, the imdb id will not be used to detect this movie, it only looks at the imdb id # if it's in the filename or nfo file. Also imdb+ will not add "[3D]" to the end of the movie titile, because "[3D]" is not part of the filename.

Any chance this can be added to imdb+, what are your thoughts?

Thanks
    Kiwi

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 2
    I thought I had already added support for that, but seems I did it in reverse.

So when MovPic is configured to prefer foldernames then I force a look at the filename.

Weird though, because I would have thought with that options enabled, that MovPic would at least accept the IMDb tt-ID. Or do you have that setting to prefer foldernames disabled?

What it means for IMDb+ is that I just have to add another block to look at the foldername if all else fails to locate IMDb tt-ID. The problem is that the project still runs from Google Code, which has been disabled to read-only now. No idea when I will have time to move project over to Github, setup a new IMDb+ development environment, adjust the IMDb+ plugin to read from the new location, and then release a new MPEI update, and fix the scraper-script.

I could however edit the scraper-script locally quick to test my theory, make the changes, and provide you with a manual scraper-script to install that does what you want, but will have to see about that next weekend then.

However, for the [3D] stuff that should work, however I only have access to read folder/filename inside the search-node, which means it only works on a fresh import (or re-import, or delete+import), and not when you update/refresh.

Code (Text):
    1. <iftest="${special_edition[0][0]}=">
    2.    <!-- Filename came up empty; lets try foldername before giving up -->
    3.    <parsename="special_edition"input="${search.foldername}"regex="${rx_special_editions}"/>
    4.    <iftest="${special_edition[0][0]}!=">
    5.       <setname="movie[0].details_url"value="###${special_edition}###"/>
    6.    </if>
    7. </if>
    Unless ${search.foldername} comes up empty for you during that process, would need to see a proper debug log to view that when you do an import on your system for a single movie.

4. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!