Feature RQ: use folder name for imdb lookup & [tags] (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @RoChess , I've got a feature request for IMDB+

I like to keep the original filename preserved, but I like to add the imdb tt# and any [tags] to the folder name. The reason to keep the filename intact, is for things like subtitle searches and also the original filename is good if you want to download a different version of the movie if it's a bad rip.

Example:

J:\MOVIES\Mad Max Fury Road (2015) [3D] tt1392190\
    Mad.Max.Fury.Road.2015.1080p.3D.BluRay.AVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-RARBG.mkv

In moving pictures, the imdb id will not be used to detect this movie, it only looks at the imdb id # if it's in the filename or nfo file. Also imdb+ will not add "[3D]" to the end of the movie titile, because "[3D]" is not part of the filename.

Any chance this can be added to imdb+, what are your thoughts?

Thanks
    Kiwi

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I thought I had already added support for that, but seems I did it in reverse.

So when MovPic is configured to prefer foldernames then I force a look at the filename.

Weird though, because I would have thought with that options enabled, that MovPic would at least accept the IMDb tt-ID. Or do you have that setting to prefer foldernames disabled?

What it means for IMDb+ is that I just have to add another block to look at the foldername if all else fails to locate IMDb tt-ID. The problem is that the project still runs from Google Code, which has been disabled to read-only now. No idea when I will have time to move project over to Github, setup a new IMDb+ development environment, adjust the IMDb+ plugin to read from the new location, and then release a new MPEI update, and fix the scraper-script.

I could however edit the scraper-script locally quick to test my theory, make the changes, and provide you with a manual scraper-script to install that does what you want, but will have to see about that next weekend then.

However, for the [3D] stuff that should work, however I only have access to read folder/filename inside the search-node, which means it only works on a fresh import (or re-import, or delete+import), and not when you update/refresh.

Code:
    <iftest="${special_edition[0][0]}=">
       <!-- Filename came up empty; lets try foldername before giving up -->
       <parsename="special_edition"input="${search.foldername}"regex="${rx_special_editions}"/>
       <iftest="${special_edition[0][0]}!=">
          <setname="movie[0].details_url"value="###${special_edition}###"/> 
       </if>
    </if>

Unless ${search.foldername} comes up empty for you during that process, would need to see a proper debug log to view that when you do an import on your system for a single movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom