Feature suggestions (1 Viewer)

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
The problem with adding that information to the download box is that Yes/No boxes in MP only take a few lines. Not enough to fit much useful information.
Something I was thinking about today... is there a reason all of the menus for this plugin are running in the popup menus, instead of directly on the main portion of the screen??

Generally the popups are for configuration/settings in most other places in MP, and you interact with plugins in the main portion of the screen.

If you modified your plugin for the main portion of the screen you would be able to show more information, and leave room for additional functionality in the future.

Some Ideas are... when you click on an item after a search, it would take you to an info screen that could have things such as: NZB info, IMDB information, even fanart/posters, the options are limitless. You could then have a download trigger on this more robust info screen. If the search menu structure was on the main screen you could also add logos/background images when the suggestion sites are highlighted (blockbuster, netflix, etc.) Sticking everything in the popup menus limits your options and in general makes for a bland user-experience.

Another question, I use Newzbin and ONLY newzbin. Is it possible to make it so if someone is using only one site, that they do not have to select that site every time they search for something?

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
The problem with adding that information to the download box is that Yes/No boxes in MP only take a few lines. Not enough to fit much useful information.
Something I was thinking about today... is there a reason all of the menus for this plugin are running in the popup menus, instead of directly on the main portion of the screen??

Generally the popups are for configuration/settings in most other places in MP, and you interact with plugins in the main portion of the screen.

If you modified your plugin for the main portion of the screen you would be able to show more information, and leave room for additional functionality in the future.

Some Ideas are... when you click on an item after a search, it would take you to an info screen that could have things such as: NZB info, IMDB information, even fanart/posters, the options are limitless. You could then have a download trigger on this more robust info screen. If the search menu structure was on the main screen you could also add logos/background images when the suggestion sites are highlighted (blockbuster, netflix, etc.) Sticking everything in the popup menus limits your options and in general makes for a bland user-experience.

I do have NZB information if you are using Newzbin. I have been a bit hesitant to redo the skin files as its my least favorite part of making the plug-in. If someone wanted to redesign the plugin skin with a place for images and a IMDb/TVRage section that would be awesome.

Another question, I use Newzbin and ONLY newzbin. Is it possible to make it so if someone is using only one site, that they do not have to select that site every time they search for something?

I like that idea, I will add it to the next release.

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Is the fact that everything is in the popup menus rather than on the main screen dependent on the skin files or is it the way the plugin has been coded??

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is the fact that everything is in the popup menus rather than on the main screen dependent on the skin files or is it the way the plugin has been coded??

Its the code. It was just easy to have popups. It could be done the other way though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom