Featured Screenshot on MP front page (1 Viewer)

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Once in a while, I see a screen shots that looks very nice, and I click the image to see what skin it is. However, that link always just goes to the Skins section, and I have to look at all the images on the page(s) to find that image.

Is there any way the Featured Screenshot could link to the actual skin it is from? That'd make it easier to find new skins, for me anyway.

Milhouse

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Once in a while, I see a screen shots that looks very nice, and I click the image to see what skin it is. However, that link always just goes to the Skins section, and I have to look at all the images on the page(s) to find that image.

Is there any way the Featured Screenshot could link to the actual skin it is from? That'd make it easier to find new skins, for me anyway.

Milhouse
same here. +1.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Featured Screenshot on MP front page

not possible with this script but it was always ment to be a temp. solution...maybe I should have a look again for a replacement, thanks for the reminder ;)

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Featured Screenshot

[edit]
    Owh gosh... *slap my face

I was looking before posting this threat if there was another topic made with the problem. After posting this topic i just realized that there was another topic, just below mine topic :

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...red-screenshot-mediaportal-front-page-103360/

Buuuuuuuuttttttttt... mine got screenshots!

[original post]

Sometimes i see a awesome Skin on the frontpage. A example is:

awsom_skin.png

But when i click on it the hyperlink is redirecting me to Mediaportal Skin Gallery.

redirect.png

Really nice, but i would like to directly link to the skin i just clicked. If i'm lucky i can find the skin by looking at the screenshots in the "Mediaportal Skin Gallery". Some of the Screenshots on the frontpage are not viewable in the "mediaportal skin gallery". Therefor i get redirected to MEDIAPORTAL - Skins. A good site where you can explore skins, but its really hard to find the skin now that was just a second ago on the frontpage. (at this point i already didnt know how the skin looked like :( )

Isnt it possible that i click the link on the frontpage so that i get redirected to the article/topic of the skin? If that is not possible, can it be possible to show the name of the skin (above of below the picture)?

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    merged the 2 threads

it's still on the agenda but I'm pretty busy with the upcoming port to new forum software and its more work than it looks like (resorting all pics, naming, resizeing aso). I promise to look after it once the forum is ported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom