Feed Thumbnails (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
I know that infoservice is a bit unsupported of late but is there still a way to have thumbnails displayed for feeds? Ive linked various thumbnail images to bbc and sky news feeds but theyre not showing in MP?

Im running MP1.2 with Avalon skin btw.

thempfanatic

Portal Member
January 13, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
InfoService skinfile for Avalon is here (shows feed thumbs)

EDIT: The first images that appear are from the DEFAULT MP RSS plugin, the 2nd set of images come from InfoService.

I believe this is the most appropriate thread to reply to.
Why?
1) InfoService does NOT show thumbnails by default in the main InfoService screen, but the regular RSS plugin with MP does.
2) InfoService DOES show REALLY tiny thumbnail images when using the "Select Feeds" button, the default RSS plugin does NOT.

This is with the Default Wide Skin

As you can see by the images. Bleazle, I noticed, replied inside of another thread inside of another thread in the main Avalon skin forum with an xml file for info service. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/avalon-553/avalon-community-mods-103097/index4.html#post820503 that shows it is possible for InfoService to display thumbnails like the default RSS feeder.

I am new to this stuff, and was hoping that Beazle or someone else could reply with what modifications to the infoservice.feeds.xml file actually allow the thumbnail to appear. I'm guess that a manual edit would be necessary for each thumbnail desired. If so, it would be cool if we could simply add a button in InfoService for thumbnails that automatically modifies the infoservice.feeds.xml file. Either way, please let the community know how the file was modified. Thank you!

Attachments

• default_rss_plugin.png
    default_rss_plugin.png
    514.8 KB
  • default_rss_select_feed.png
    default_rss_select_feed.png
    369.6 KB
  • infoservice_rss_plugin.png
    infoservice_rss_plugin.png
    536.4 KB
  • infoservice_rss_select_feed.png
    infoservice_rss_select_feed.png