Few questions (i did not tryed program jet) (1 Viewer)

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
When i have ie. morgan media switcher, vobsub, mkvswitch etc. can it render audio/subtitles/video trought it and can i switch audio/subtitles/video streams via my remote control (remote wonder)?

Can it run only on secondary monitor?

Is there some aplication which can download album front covers in same size in, with given filename to album directory so i can use it as album fron in mediaportal?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

1) yes and no. There seem to be some issues with subtitles. Audio stream switching works perfect on my system (with remote / keyboard switching). The devs work on the subtitle issue.

2) No. MP renders its GUI like a game with DX9 acceleration. Unfortunatly Microsoft does not support DX9 acceleration on the secondary screen. So everything has to be done by the CPU resulting in high CPU usage / stuttering.
    But you can define your TV as primary and your monitor as secondary. This should work.

3) I am using mediamonkey for things like that.

HTH, Flip.

Lolita

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Hmm ok and is there some utility to switch primary and secondary on ati radeon 9000 with one click? And it would be best if it move task from primary to new secondary when doing it. (ultra mon can't do it for me ...)

And btw do subtitles work at last like vobsub can autoload them and i can disable them?

And btw are there any other _USABLE_(mainly for watching xvid/divx and playing music) AND NICE(i realy don't want it to look like media player 6.4 (or other normal sw players) or so or have some big brand logo allways at top etc.) similar prorgrams like midaportal for windows so i can compare? I know i can google for 'medai center software', but ppl who tryed it allways give best feedback and info :)

And how do you tag albums on more cds? Because adding (cd1) to album name is not nice because some scripts to find album art on google etc. finding crap then ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom