[Approved] Filmstrip thumbZoom and image-alignment (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Problem:
    thumbZoom is not enabled for filmstrip. This gives a skinner only two ways to display mixed landscape and portrait pictures:

Option 1, keepaspectratio=no
    thumbZoom disabled option 1.jpg
    Advantage=aspectratio is kept, disadvantage=image is zoomed and not shown entirely

Option 2, keepaspectratio=yes
    thumbZoom disabled option 2.jpg
    Advantage=whole image is shown, disadvantage=aspectratio disturbed

New option, thumbZoom
    thumbZoom enabled.jpg
    Advantage=image is not zoomed and aspectratio is kept, disadvantage=does not fill the frame

When I enabled keepaspectratio for Coverflow I was asked to add support for thumbZoom as well, as this is way more useful.

I also added two new properties to align the thumb vertically and horizontally.

Now I have done the same for filmstrip:

3 new properties have been added:

Code:
        [XMLSkinElement("thumbZoom")] protected bool _zoom = false;
        [XMLSkinElement("thumbAlign")] protected Alignment _imageAlignment = Alignment.ALIGN_CENTER;
        [XMLSkinElement("thumbVAlign")] protected VAlignment _imageVAlignment = VAlignment.ALIGN_BOTTOM;

If this a feature that may be added for 1.2.0 RC or later, then that is fine with me. I just wanted to complete the circle, since we now have thumbZoom for thumbs and coverflow already...

Patch against SVN 27537 attached.

:D

Attachments

• Filmstrip thumbZoom SVN 27537.patch
      5.5 KB

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi pilehave,

Is this enhancement something that should still be considered? If so, we'll need to create a git branch and mantis entry for it..

Thanks!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi pilehave,

Is this enhancement something that should still be considered? If so, we'll need to create a git branch and mantis entry for it..

Thanks!
    Yes, I hope that this will still make into MP at some point. I pretty much gave up on MP development when the swich to GIT was made. I find it utterly confusing to work with :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom