[Approved] Fix for TsReader problems with TS files with PCR rollover (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fix for TsReader problems with TS files with PCR rollover

ok works now fine here

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    To make it easier for others to try, attached is TsReader.ax binary with both PCR patches applied to very latest SVN code (so it has the recent FFDShow and scrambling mods applied as well).

Tony

Attachments

• TsReader_PCR_fix2.zip
      157.7 KB

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, for your information the last (Setup-MediaPortal-svn-1.1.7.28016) build crash when you zap from a HD channel with used of DXVA to a SD channel with use of normal ffdshow. (dshowhelper_v0084_part_DWM)

I use all my day to make my own codecs config based on ffdshow (ffdshow-tryouts-project-svn-3917-x86-icl12), some MPC codec (standalone_filters-1.5.2.3302_x86-be) and ac3filters. Work very fine. (Ð“Ð»Ð°Ð²Ð½Ð°Ñ Ñтраница - XvidVideo.RU)

Perhaps a ffdshow problem, I let you decide...

Edit : Tryed with ffdshow_rev3884_20110618_xvidvideo-ru_x86_icl12, same problem.

Technick

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi, for your information the last (Setup-MediaPortal-svn-1.1.7.28016) build crash when you zap from a HD channel with used of DXVA to a SD channel with use of normal ffdshow. (dshowhelper_v0084_part_DWM)

I use all my day to make my own codecs config based on ffdshow (ffdshow-tryouts-project-svn-3917-x86-icl12), some MPC codec (standalone_filters-1.5.2.3302_x86-be) and ac3filters. Work very fine. (Ð“Ð»Ð°Ð²Ð½Ð°Ñ Ñтраница - XvidVideo.RU)

Perhaps a ffdshow problem, I let you decide...

Edit : Tryed with ffdshow_rev3884_20110618_xvidvideo-ru_x86_icl12, same problem.

Technick

Hi Technick,

Are you saying the standard 28016 is OK but it crashes with the PCR rollover patch applied ?

If the normal (not patched) 28016 is crashing, can you start a new thread about this issue please ?

Tony

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    OK and FYI your patch work fine on video/sound sync, no problem if you use ffdshow standard of if you don't zap with dxva one.

jksj

July 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Thankyou for this patch. I use Mediaportal to view FreeviewHD recordings created with Mythtv. Surround sound recordings - particularly from 4 HD suffered from this problem. The symptoms were Mediaportal stuck in loop with the log showing "PCR rollover normally found". The binary patch was particularly useful as I don't have Visual C++.

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Why isn't this in mantis? It's a bug.

I'm using 4tr with the argus tuner and I think it don't start writing at 0 PCR,
    so you will have much more pcr rollovers (and freezes).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Why isn't this in mantis? It's a bug.

To nitpick it is not a bug since TsReader is ment to be only used with TS files produced with the TsWriter. Currently it is adviced that 3rd party products that are used to generate content for the TsReader would write stream content that matches the TsWriter's output.

I'm using 4tr with the argus tuner and I think it don't start writing at 0 PCR,
    so you will have much more pcr rollovers (and freezes).

You could ask 4TR guys to start patching the PCR to start from zero - much easier and smaller risk than with the PCR rollover handling change at this stage of 1.2.0 release.

But you are right, it should be fixed at some point in the release cycle. Someone please create a Mantis issue so we wont lose this.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    glenn 1990

Our focus right now is entirely on getting 1.2.0rc released. We won't forget about this issue, but it is not the highest priority right now.

mm

[Edit: ...and the reasons are exactly as Tourettes describes. Use cases involving MP and TV Server (which are the ones that we support directly) are very unlikely to see this bug.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom