[Approved] Fix for tv service crashing with a bad signal (1 Viewer)

wowski

Portal Member
September 14, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Using patch and so far so good. I am in an area with marginal tv signal strength, so regularly get glitches and distorted pictures. Am using MePo 1.2 beta, single seat, DVB-T, XP. I have already noticed two improvements with this patch. When usually viewing a channel with weak signals and picture distortion, accessing the GUI is very slow. With this patch the GUI is a lot more responsive. Also, when first tuning to a channel seems quicker on my system now. I noticed previously that my system could slow and and freeze if watching a distorted channel for a while, so will see over time if this is improved.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fix for tv service crashing with a bad signal

will join this test later this night... if everything goes like i expect, i can report back from dvb-t with good signal, dvb-s with sometimes bad signal abd dvb-c with more or less good signal

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Using TsWriter dated 26-6-2011 and no problems so far.

Channel change feels a bit faster (great!), non-broadcasting channels take an extra 10 seconds or so to timeout.

Weather is good at the moment, waiting for the rain!

Good job!

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I also tested the fix since a few days now and it doesn't get worse, but some minutes ago I had a very bad signal on DVB-C and MP Tv Server didn't crashed, but MP itself crashed :DD

Attachments

• MediaPortal.bak
      74.6 KB

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Fix for tv service crashing with a bad signal

I also tested the fix since a few days now and it doesn't get worse, but some minutes ago I had a very bad signal on DVB-C and MP Tv Server didn't crashed, but MP itself crashed :DD

Hi,

It's likely the crash was caused by a video or audio codec not being able to deal with the corrupted stream. I used to have this problem with the Cyberlink codec (although the newer versions seem to be more reliable)

Edit: If this is the case it's unlikely we'll ever be able to do anything about it. We'd have to completely verify the integrity of the streams being passed through the graph.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thanks for the info =)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi miroslav22, ik had some realy bad weather here in the Netherlands, the TV Service did not crash, interuption on MP side, but the TV Service remains in the air. :)
    That's realy great and a great improvement. I saw that this patch is commited to SVN so it's in RC2. Very nice.

BIG THANK YOU!

adagio

Portal Pro
    April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a similar problem the past few weeks - maybe it's the heat we've been having here, so I downloaded the patch for 1.1.2. But when I use the new tswriter, when I try to view my HD channels, I get the message 'cannot start graph'. Putting the old tswriter back makes it work again. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom