[Approved] Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber" (3 Viewers)

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    re: Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber"

Just replace RC3 script with https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/submit-movie-info-grabbers-287/fix-imdb-aka-grabber-80425/index9.html#post616673 IMDB.zip or IMDB_with_More_AKA.zip script. They are undependable from builds.
    That is fine, brother, but I wonder why these updates are not included in RC3...
    Still RC contains wrong script :(.

Thank you very much for your job :)

Just a small non-critical proposal.
    Red color usually stands for wrong items.
    So, may be you should use another color for it ?
    Assume, green color - which usually stands for OK.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Just wanted to stop by and say what a fantastic job you did fixing the IMDB feature of MP. I've been using MP for many years now and it has never worked better. I started using MP 1.1 RC2 a few weeks ago and have moved to MP 1.1 RC 3 now. with more than 500 movies IMDB only missed 3 and i have a lot of very old and obscure movies.

Thank you very much.

rivera

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Sure, I will post here patch files (I just need a little time to see if everything is working as it should so not to change patch files every few minutes :) ).
    Concerning bugs in dll's and Configuration , there is not any. It's an upgrade or complete change of code and some cosmetics, because as it is now in normal release cover grabbing works in a very limited way and most of the time, results are very wrong (as I post earlier, whole thing which made me to do this is Alien (1979) movie for which I get only one and very funny cover and if I try to google it and let my 2 year old daughter randomly click on the screen she can't miss it :)).
    The bad thing in this is that patches touch essential files in MePo, but good thing is that they are not involved in any critical place inside Media Portal. So all add-in's, skins, media related changes, codecs, hardware or software setups doesn't even know about it. Otherwise, I wouldn't dare to do this (even for my personal usage).

So, the fastest and clean patch is only IMDB csscript (which fixes more than movie details), but extra cover grabbing is more than a patch ( I would rather say it's an upgrade) and that is something what developers doesn't like right now in a "freeze state" of MP and I don't blame them for that.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Deda, I tested your script using RC3 files and it worked great for me. Do you have any objection if we just upload the script for now, and consider the rest of your great enhancments after the feature freeze. I think that is what you were saying, but I just wanted to check with you first.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Sure, no problem about that.
    All in all, script itself also grabs film cover from IMDB as default one (the one you see up on the left on film page). Sometimes picture is not in very good quality but user can use current manual cover search and hope it will be right one).

Just beware that script itself can't help if movie name contains country specific characters or symbols (method inside MP strips that and pass the movie name without it, except, I think, German and French characters) so there is a big chance that movie will not be on the list ie.:

Lion King ½ -> Lion King
    Død Snøw -> Dd Snw

Workaround is to use alternative title ie.:
    Hakuna Matata
    Dead Snow

I fixed that in patched files, but without it, results can be unexpected.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Yep, all true and good points. But, when I use the script provided with RC3 on my 170 movies I get 33 conflicts (and thus manual intervention required) while with your script only 14 conflicts and those are all movies with two files. So 100% accuracy for me. PLUS I get descriptions for all movies while I get no descriptions with the RC3 script. The Rating info displays correctly with your script, which it does not with the RC3 IMDB Script.

I did use your trick of using the alternate title to avoid special characters ;), but I am used to doing that as many scripts I use have the same problem.

As you pointed out, you only get only one default cover when doing a scan, but when you use the IMDB lookup in Video Titles (F9 or Info/More Key) you get lots more nice quality covers with your script.

My concern is only that I do not wish users to suffer just because we can not add the new features yet. So I thought a compromise was to at least add the script - then users can update it from within MP Config right away, and do not even need a new version of MP. Also, at the least a better script will be available/included in RC4 or MP 1.1.0 final. After which we hopfully can add all your great enhancements :D

I just wanted your OK because as you said, users are not getting the full advantage of your patch by doing this, and I don't want them to think it is your fault!

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

As you pointed out, you only get only one default cover when doing a scan, but when you use the IMDB lookup in Video Titles (F9 or Info/More Key) you get lots more nice quality covers with your script.
    !

Yes, but only with patched files :) which includes IMDB Product group covers (new feature) and checked (by IMDB ttnumber) IMP Award covers (rewritten IMPAwardSearch code from begging). Otherwise, you will get only something from IMP Awards which now works as it takes first matching link and grabs covers from it.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Thanks Deda, I updated the script on our server (so users will get it if they update Scripts) and added Mantis Issue 2923

Chemelli has now submitted it to SVN 25902 so it will be in RC4. Thanks chemelli. And thank you Deda for this very valuable improvement to MP I hope we can get your new features added as soon as possible :D.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom