[Approved] Fix: unable to build CultureInfo (1 Viewer)

Waly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I made patch for problem described by me here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...audiolanguage-unable-build-cultureinfo-72936/

The goal was that Configuration app stored default audio and subtitles language in Culture info name ("en-US"), but settings window inside Mediaportal stored it as english name of culture info ("English"). This patch allows settings window store it in format like configuration app.

Attachments

• badLanguage_r24046.patch
      30.7 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    if you change the way the value is stored in mediaportal.xml then you have to update the way it's read by the players... and we won't change such things so close to RC1...

Simone

Waly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    No, this is misunderstanding. Video player is expecting subtitle and audio language in "en-US" format, configuration application stores it also it in "en-US" but only configuration page inside mediaportal stores it in "English" format. Its wrong, so this patch fixes it, so its not change, but only fix. I have tested this patch over 3 weeks and everything is working as it should (about language switching)

Reproduce this bug:

- Take some movie with 2 or more language audio tracks
    - Set through Configuration outside app default language to some non-english audio, which is on this multi audio movie. It works as it should and mediaportal chooses right audio track
    - And now set it through inside Configuration screen and you will see, that movie has always English track and this exception about CultureInfo appears in log.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom