FIXED: IMDb website update breaks IMDb+ AKA search system (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    FIXED: This issue has been fixed. Your IMDb+ plugin should automatically update the IMDb+ scraper-script within 24-hours to v4.3.9 or you can force it by adjusting the IMDb+ settings to check for updates on startup and then restart MediaPortal. The AKA system now relies heavy on the quality of the new IMDb search system, so please report back to me any folder+filenames combinations that are not auto-approving.

IMDb has made another 'wonderful' change to their website. This time they decided to tackle their search system. In doing so they are totally breaking the AKA title search methods that are normally applied to make sure a match can be found.

I'll release a quick IMDb+ update in a moment to make regular title matches work again in obtaining a search result, but the only solution that is guaranteed to work is to provide the IMDb tt-ID at the time you import. This can be done by adding it to an NFO file with the same filename as the media file, or by renaming the media file as per:

Example Title (tt1234567).mkv

Will try to figure out a way though to get old functionality fully restored, but as it stands right now IMDb website change has thrown a big wrench in the machine.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, this is a serious change that requires adjustments to the Regular Expressions used in the scraper-script search node. This would affect any scraper that uses the IMDb website, unless the developer had extreme foresight when they build their script (or fixed theirs before I was alerted).

I've updated IMDb+ and v4.3.9 is now available, that fixes everything again, including a simplified AKA match that relies on quality of IMDb new search system.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi, has this broken again? Just noticed I'm not getting any matches from imdb+ all of a sudden.

I just re-imported "Zwartboek.avi" which is just a 0-byte test file, but it imported fine as 'Black Book (Zwartboek) (as "Zwartboek") (2006)' inside MovPic config "Movie Importer" tab, which means the search lookup works and the AKA match also works.

Is your log file giving any specific reasons for failures? Give me a filename otherwise so I can duplicate the failure on my system.

If you updated Moving-Pictures recently it can also jumble the scraper-script order around. If you enter the IMDb+ plugin inside MediaPortal plugins it will do a check to make sure it is still primary and offer option to 'repair' itself and you can use the hidden menu option "IMDb+ Info..." to find out what position it currently has. Or open MovPic config and manually see for yourself of course.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have recently updated to the latest beta yea, maybe its that. Noticed in mpictures config it was using the tmdb for all matches but I went in the scraper config and imdb was still top. I'll try the things you suggested and see how that goes. Thanks for the help.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Let me know.

It is still an irritating issue, but everytime you upgrade MovPic it ignores what you have setup and redoes it. Since you might manually prefer a different order, the safest solution was to alert you when you enter the IMDb+ plugin.

Maybe can work up something in which IMDb+ detects a new MovPic installation and then on launch of MediaPortal does the same check as it does when you enter the plugin itself.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, so I've had a check and I think when I upgraded to the beta, my scraper priorities stayed the same. I think whats happened is imdb+ isn't finding matches so its dropping back to tmdb. If I put the imdb reference in the manual search of mpictures config, imdb+ then finds the match.

To be honest, its a load of Scooby-Doo TV movies so a bit random, but interestingly I have done custom renames for these (first time I've done this - mainly because these where missing in your main db) so maybe thats upsetting it? See if they work for you?

Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers
    Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf
    Scooby Doo and the Alien Invaders
    Scooby Doo Abracadabra-Doo
    Scooby Doo and the Goblin King
    Scooby Doo Creepiest Capers
    Scooby Doo Greatest Mystery

tmdb scraper is finding matches for all of these (but not auto accepting).

Added my custom rename xml. It has the ttcodes for these movies save you searching for them :)

Attachments

• Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml
      1.6 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom