FIXED: IMDb website update breaks IMDb+ AKA search system (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    To be honest, its a load of Scooby-Doo TV movies so a bit random, but interestingly I have done custom renames for these (first time I've done this - mainly because these where missing in your main db) so maybe thats upsetting it? See if they work for you?

Ok, so did test on your first one and this is what I get:

09-Dec-2012 12:24:55 Info [ MovieImporter]: Watcher queued Scooby-Doo Meets The Boo Brothers.avi for processing.
    09-Dec-2012 12:24:56 Debug [ ScraperNode]: Retrieving URL: http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Scooby-Doo Meets The Boo Brothers
    09-Dec-2012 12:24:58 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: SEARCH: Title='Scooby-Doo Meets The Boo Brothers', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.3.9, Number of Results=1
    09-Dec-2012 12:24:58 Debug [ MovieSignature]: MATCHING: 'scooby doo meets the boo brothers' WITH: 'Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers' RESULT: TitleScore=0, YearScore=0, ImdbMatch=False, AlternateTitleUsed=False, AlternateTitle='', AutoApprove=True
    09-Dec-2012 12:24:58 Debug [ DatabaseManager]: INSERTING: Scooby-Doo Meets The Boo Brothers.avi
    09-Dec-2012 12:25:02 Info [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper: Title adjusted via Default Rename XML for: tt0189070
    09-Dec-2012 12:25:02 Info [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper: SortBy adjusted via Default Rename XML for: tt0189070
    09-Dec-2012 12:25:02 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: UPDATE: Title='Scooby-Doo! I: Meets the Boo Brothers', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.3.9, Result=SUCCESS
    So it works fine for me and there are also a ton of Scooby-Doo rename references in the default database, to be exact the following:

<rename id="tt0267913" title="Scooby-Doo I" />
    <rename id="tt0331632" title="Scooby-Doo II: Monsters Unleashed" />
    <rename id="tt1258157" title="Scooby-Doo III: The Mystery Begins" />
    <rename id="tt1618435" title="Scooby-Doo IV: Curse of the Lake Monster" />
    <rename id="tt0189070" title="Scooby-Doo! I: Meets the Boo Brothers" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 01" />
    <rename id="tt0189071" title="Scooby-Doo! II: ...and the Ghoul School" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 02" />
    <rename id="tt0189072" title="Scooby-Doo! III: ...and the Reluctant Werewolf" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 03" />
    <rename id="tt0192578" title="Scooby-Doo! IV: ...in Arabian Nights" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 04" />
    <rename id="tt0274804" title="Scooby-Doo! V: Mystery Mask Mix-Up" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 05" />
    <rename id="tt0166792" title="Scooby-Doo! VI: ...on Zombie Island" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 06" />
    <rename id="tt0196931" title="Scooby-Doo! VII: ...and the Witch's Ghost" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 07" />
    <rename id="tt0253658" title="Scooby-Doo! VIII: ...and the Alien Invaders" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 08" />
    <rename id="tt0290057" title="Scooby-Doo! IX: ...and the Cyber Chase" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 09" />
    <rename id="tt0255581" title="Scooby-Doo! X: Creepiest Capers" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 10" />
    <rename id="tt0357139" title="Scooby-Doo! XI: ...and the Legend of the Vampire" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 11" />
    <rename id="tt0369903" title="Scooby-Doo! XII: ...and the Monster of Mexico" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 12" />
    <rename id="tt0199003" title="Scooby-Doo! XIII: Greatest Mysteries" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 13" />
    <rename id="tt0418141" title="Scooby-Doo! XIV: ...and the Loch Ness Monster" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 14" />
    <rename id="tt0433771" title="Scooby-Doo! XV: Aloha, Scooby-Doo" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 05" />
    <rename id="tt1097636" title="Scooby-Doo! XVI: Chill Out, Scooby-Doo!" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 16" />
    <rename id="tt1295021" title="Scooby-Doo! XVII: ...and the Goblin King" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 17" />
    <rename id="tt2162709" title="Scooby-Doo! XVIII: Music of the Vampire" sortby="Scooby-Doo! 18" />
    Pretty sure that covers them all.

Are you not able to find those in your rename dbase? It should have auto-downloaded it, and v1.5.4 is current.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is that imdb+ log file? I'll clear the logs and run another import with debug on..

And yeah I saw the existing renames but wasnt really interested in the numbering, just the grouping.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No thats from movingpictures.log, but I have debug verbosity enabled, as well as Moving-Pictures scraper-script debugging. That way when something goes wrong it immediatly tells me where it went wrong. But with the exception of the [ScraperNode] entries that show "Debug", you should have gotten all the other ones that say "Info" and if you had debug log verbosity enabled in MediaPortal config, also all the others that say "Debug".

I add custom log entries from inside the IMDb+ scraper-script, you can open movingpictures.log and do a CTRL+F search on " IMDb+ Scraper: " to locate all those, which makes navigating the giant log files (with scraper-debugging mode mine are like 3MB log file *PER* movie) a lot easier.

And yes the numbering used in default rename database you might not care for, but it is impossible to make a single system that pleases everybody. It does make it easier to copy-n-paste it to the custom rename file, so you do not have to retype most of it :)

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Code:
    09-Dec-2012 18:01:32 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: SEARCH: Title='Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.3.9, Number of Results=0
    09-Dec-2012 18:01:32 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: SEARCH: Title='Scooby Doo Abracadabra Doo', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.3.9, Number of Results=0
    09-Dec-2012 18:01:32 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: SEARCH: Title='Scooby Doos Greatest Mysteries', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.3.9, Number of Results=0
    09-Dec-2012 18:01:33 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: SEARCH: Title='Scooby Doo And The Goblin King', Provider='themoviedb.org', Version=Internal, Number of Results=1
    Ok I'm not sure exactly how I enable what you need, but imdb+ doesnt seem to be finding matches for search strings which go directly to the movie when entered on the website? How do I enable the scraper debugging?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm wondering if IMDb decided to toss in a lovely geo-IP differentiator in the search results, and detects you are in the UK.

So yes, unless you know a reliable UK proxy I can use to pretend to be from UK as well, will need your assitance in debugging.

Keep in mind log files are huge when you enable scraper-debugging inside MovPic, and it has to be a clean SINGLE movie import as the asynchrone nature otherwise makes it a nightmare to figure out.

To enable scraper-debug mode, explanation at: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper

And the easiest way for me to fix it, would be if you first move the "'Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers.avi" file OUTSIDE of the MovPic import folder so it gets removed from your database, then enable the above mode, leave MovPic config open, navigate to the LOG folder with Windows Explorer and delete the movingpictures.log file. Wait a few seconds and hit F5 to refresh Windows Explorer, if you see movingpictures.log be created again then delete and wait some more, repeat until after 5-10 secs movingpictures.log does not get created anymore (this gives me a perfect clean log file containing just the problem).

Then move the "'Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers.avi" file back into the MovPic import folder. Wait till it does its thing (MovPic config Importer Tab should show you a green circle soon that search-node found a match, which then turns into green circle with white checkmark... Since search is failing for you this will then actually be a blue info image that informs you manual interaction is required.

At that point the log file already contains all I need. So close MovPic config, ZIP up just movingpictures.log file and attach it in here.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    ZIP up just movingpictures.log file and attach it in here.

As requested :) It sits waiting for manual acceptance of the scraped movie name but its tmdb and not imdb+ still so hopefully that shows what you need.

Thanks for the help :)

Attachments

• movingpictures.zip
      49.3 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    First off, it looks like you have something else monitoring/locking files in that folder, because first thing I see is:

Code:
    09-Dec-2012 20:58:43  Info [       MovieImporter]: Watcher queued ils.scooby.doo.meets.the.boo.brothers.1987.internal.dvdrip.xvid.avi for processing. 
    09-Dec-2012 20:58:44 Debug [  FileInfoExtensions]: Error computing smart hash:  System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file '\\SERVER\Data\Movies\Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers (1987)\ils.scooby.doo.meets.the.boo.brothers.1987.internal.dvdrip.xvid.avi' because it is being used by another process.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
       at System.IO.FileInfo.OpenRead()
       at Cornerstone.Extensions.IO.FileInfoExtensions.ComputeSmartHash(FileInfo self)
    09-Dec-2012 20:58:44 Debug [VideoFormatExtension]: Failed Identifier: Path='\\SERVER\Data\Movies\Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers (1987)\ils.scooby.doo.meets.the.boo.brothers.1987.internal.dvdrip.xvid.avi', Format='File'  
    09-Dec-2012 20:58:45 Debug [  FileInfoExtensions]: Error computing smart hash:  System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file '\\SERVER\Data\Movies\Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers (1987)\ils.scooby.doo.meets.the.boo.brothers.1987.internal.dvdrip.xvid.avi' because it is being used by another process.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
       at System.IO.FileInfo.OpenRead()
       at Cornerstone.Extensions.IO.FileInfoExtensions.ComputeSmartHash(FileInfo self)

This could be anti-virus scanner, Windows creating thumbnail preview, or uTorrent/etc type of deal, but you might want to look into that, cuz it will cause other issues.

As for the actual issue, your path has (1987) in it. To assist in the search IMDb+ adds this info which on old IMDb search system helped find the correct match. On the new system this is actually preventing it from finding a match.

GOOD = http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers
    FAIL = http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers+(1987)

Will have to look into that, because that will indeed mean a bug otherwise that needs to be fixed. For right now if you remove the year from path it should work for you. Or you can wait till I've really investigated the issue. The whole reason for supplying the year during search is to ensure you get the right movie when multiple releases on same title exists and that still needs to work. Might be till next weekend till I really have time for it, cuz it looks like it might take me many hours to fix this 'correct'.

So for now supply IMDb tt-ID via NFO or filename, or remove year, and stay tuned for update on IMDb+.

Thanks for the log, would never have known otherwise.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hmm. My whole naming structure uses the year as thats what the file renamer did from what I remember. I'll manually find them with tt id for now. I noticed the file lock and have no idea whats accessing it. I have no antivirus (its off while I debug some sync issues) and nothing should be accessing it other than MovingPictures.

Thanks, will try again if you manage to come up with a fix :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, was just about to temporary 'fix' IMDb+ by removing year from search system that could possibly introduce new problems and then I noticed something:

GOOD = http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Scooby-Doo Meets The Boo Brothers+(1987)

So it seems when you provide the year to the search, the title has to an EXACT match, and your file was missing the '-' between Scooby and Doo.

Let me work on something :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, IMDb+ v4.4.0 released, I simple added a second search if title+year yields no results to try it without year. This way it doesn't break existing system and at worst adds a small delay.

Let me know if it all works out for u now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom