FIXED: IMDb website update breaks IMDb+ AKA search system (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, thanks that worked. I am having trouble with another one though, but I think thats more to do with imdb's dodgy new search system :/

Scooby Doos Greatest Mysteries - Fails
    Scooby Doo Greatest Mysteries - Works
    Scooby Doo's Greatest Mysteries - Works

How can that apostrophe cause no matches at all. Seems strange. Why would they do this to the search system?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm almost contemplating looking into using Google search with site:imdb.com to find a match, because at least Google understands how to do a search system proper.

Doing a Google search on "site:imdb.com Scooby Doos Greatest Mysteries" perfectly gets the answer apostrophe or not.

Will keep it on my ToDo list for when I do full IMDb+ rewrite.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, it does seem like they've taken a step backwards thats for sure. Will look forward to your rewrite :)

BTW, made a (albiet small) donation yesterday. Good work on the plugin.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, it does seem like they've taken a step backwards thats for sure. Will look forward to your rewrite :)

BTW, made a (albiet small) donation yesterday. Good work on the plugin.

Yeah, I was 99% sure that donation was from you, and much much appreciated. It keeps the wife happy who thinks I'm just wasting my time :whistle:

Full rewrite is a monster task though, so unless all my tasks at work go smooth and I'll have time during Christmas, it might take a while. But just like the cyborgs I have a plan and should be able to split the monster task up into little tiny ones and possibly even integrate them into the existing one on the weekends.

As usual, stay tuned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom