Flash Player Plugin (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Im trying to implement a Flash player plugin in mediaportal through the IPlayer interface but from the looks of the interface and the PlayerFactory there doesnt seem to be a way to add a player for a specific extension, IExternalPlayer seems like what I want unfortunally it only supports audio (as I was able to tell) is there any interface for implementing an external video player, I know I could write it as a DShow source filter and it would play, but I think I wont be able to send commands specific to flash as some movies require you to click a certian spot to start/etc, is there any sort of setup for implementing an external video player?

I have one Idea, not sure if it will work, from the looks of the PlayerFactory class it check for an external player first and if found will use the IExternalPlayer, which is a derived class of IPlayer, and IPlayer returns false for HasVideo by default so if I implement IExternalPlayer I should be able to override HasVideo and the other memebers of IPlayer in order to have an external video player, or maybe both IExternalPlayer and IPlayer, not too familier with OOP (I come from a native c++ background) so im not sure what the virtual property of IPlayer means if it will prevent me from overriding memebrs of IPlayer from a derived IExternalPlayer or not, I think it just means that its not a real function and must be overridden?? I think thats what responsible for make the intellisense tab thing that GUIWindow and ISetupForm implement so it automatically gives you members to fill in the code for?? does this seem like it will work? I would really like to get flash support but dont really want to code all browsing, thumbnail caching, custom views, etc to implement it as a plugin, also as a plugin it wont have that cool little window playing the flash when your browsing the menus

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Greg,

Don't know details about the IPlayer / IExternalPlayer, but:

im not sure what the virtual property of IPlayer means if it will prevent me from overriding memebrs of IPlayer from a derived IExternalPlayer or not, I think it just means that its not a real function and must be overridden??

"virtual" method means that you CAN override this method in subclasses.
You don't need to, but you're allowed to. If you want to keep the code from the inherited method you need to call it using "base.<methodname>".

Hope that helps, for the rest you need help from other guys :)

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom