Flirc issue with MP2 (1 Viewer)

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
May 19, 2023
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear forum,
I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am always directed to the recorded TV shows. I have checked with a keymapper tool, that pressing the OK button on the remote indeed corresponds to the return key (as it should be) but nontheless I have the above problem. I can rule out the remote as the problem since it works perfectly fine on another PC with MP2.
Any ideas?

Many thanks
Clemens

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear forum,
    I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am always directed to the recorded TV shows. I have checked with a keymapper tool, that pressing the OK button on the remote indeed corresponds to the return key (as it should be) but nontheless I have the above problem. I can rule out the remote as the problem since it works perfectly fine on another PC with MP2.
    Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Clemens
    Go to settings / input manager and check the mappings. There is also one for recordings. I guess you find the OK binding here and can also remove it again.
    If not, please activate debug logging, reproduce the issue and upload the log files here.

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have checked the MP2 mappings, the OK button is not in use.
    Attached, please find the log files where I first used the arrow up botton (that works) to hover to the pictures categorie within MP2. Afterwards I pressed the OK button on my remote which is then causing the issue described above. Notably, when I use the keyboard and use Enter (which corresponds to the mapping of the OK button on my remote as confirmed by a keyboard test tool) everything is working fine.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-10-07-04.36.37.zip
      323.7 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately I do not see any suspicious or helpful in the logs. Have you checked the Function Shortcuts in the input device manager?
    There is a button Recorded TV. You could also try to move out the settings once to see if it makes any difference. Go to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client and move the folder Config elsewhere (you can move it back afterwards). Does this make any difference?

If not, I can offer an unrelease test version of MP2.5, that contains a lot of changes in the input device manager. I remember, that something similar was solved there, so it could also help you.

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think, we are getting closer now. Indeed, moving the config folder away did changed something and the ok button is again responsive. However, the button recorded tvs did disappear from the WMC skin. I had this issue before

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I did a complet reinstal of MP2 and the issue seems to be resolved. Very strange though, that everything is working exept a particular remote button on the remote. My feeling is still, that it was somehow related to the WMC skin (my preferred one) which had already some issues before.
    In case your offer is still valid, I am happy to try the test version of MP2.5. Again many thanks for your help, your hint with the corrupt config file was essential.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think, we are getting closer now. Indeed, moving the config folder away did changed something and the ok button is again responsive. However, the button recorded tvs did disappear from the WMC skin. I had this issue before
    What do you mean with disappear? Is it not shown in the list in input manager anymore?

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    right, this seems to be a known issue with the WMC skin (see post below)
    After replacing the corresponding file, it worked again.

So, the current status is that the OK button is now working. I guess I should be able now to program my harmony remote to access MP2 with Flirc properly.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Greenhorn7
    If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following.
    Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add application and add following application:
    Unbenannt.jpg

Now go to settings/plugins/launcher/application menu and link sleep to the e.g. "Menu 1"
    Unbenannt2.jpg

Now map in settings/input devices/action shortcuts the configured "sleep" application to the desired button (power button is your case).
    Unbenannt3.jpg

Now the PC goes to sleep on a single button press as you desired.
    PS: You asked this in a private conversation, but I place the solution here, so others can potentially benefit from it as well ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom