FLV playback doesn't start with non-administrative account (1 Viewer)

argd

Portal Member
August 17, 2010
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi,
the reason why I'm asking is just to save some time. Just in case someone has already fixed the same problem...
OnlineVideos shows videos flawlessly when MP runs with administrative privs.
But I'd like to run it under an regular user's account (actually - "adv. user", with r/w access to "all users" dir).
MP works fine, but OV cannot play videos: buffering starts, 1,2,3%... 5%... 8% etc but eventually produces the timeout error.
No such issue with admin rights.
What could be a possible problem?

seb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    TBH I don't know but many issues with restricted users and specific software I have solved in the following way:

* Logged in as admin, change the security on the C:\program files\software_folder (where "software_folder" is the folder of the particular software) so that all USERS have full access to that folder.
    * If the software has any INI files (remember those) in \windows\system32 folder then change security for that file as well.
    * Make sure that any other folders the software may need access to are enabled for full control by the USER.
    * Note that you may have to disable "Simple File Sharing" mode in Windows Folder settings.

Option:
    * Install SuRun and enable that software to run with Admin mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom