FM Tuner (2 Viewers)

maniac's

Portal Pro
July 7, 2004
Paris, FRANCE
Hi all,

I owns a DiGiMatrix barbone from ASUS which owns a AM/FM Tuner. The tuner seems to be accessible via standard WDM drivers.
I saw that actually only Haupauge PVR are supported for Radio listening. Is it possible to extend this functionnality to other capture cards or should I develop a specifc plugin for it ?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

maniac's said:
Hi all,

I owns a DiGiMatrix barbone from ASUS which owns a AM/FM Tuner. The tuner seems to be accessible via standard WDM drivers.
I saw that actually only Haupauge PVR are supported for Radio listening. Is it possible to extend this functionnality to other capture cards or should I develop a specifc plugin for it ?

Thanks

Ahhh... it would be nice to get my radio working in MP :D

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    FM radio tuner already supports 'most' cards
    so not only the hauppage cards, but almost all WDM cards with onboard radio tuner

So... try it

Frodo

A

Anonymous

unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on Mega PC, which has radio as part of hifi module

its a shame, cos my TV@nywhere Master card has a built in FM tuner, but it seems to be disabled as the Mega Radio is present

:cry:

maniac's

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2004
    Paris, FRANCE
    Frodo, I tested it and it actually does not suppor the Digimatrix radio tuner.

Why ? I supposed it's because tuner's (tv and radio) are defined separately in the WDM drivers. I mean that in some software (expect Mediaportal), you can select input source between TV tuner and Radio Tuner. This is not the case in MediaPortal (I saw only the TV tuner in th combo box).

Could you add this or is it better to develop a plugin for that ?
    Thx !

maniac's

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2004
    Paris, FRANCE
    which tuner ??? Are you sure it is the radio one ?

I also got the found tv tuner in the combo box, but the radio tuner does not appear ! When I use K!TV I can see two different tuners...

maniac's

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2004
    Paris, FRANCE
    more infos...

Well, if I want to register a TV card in MediaPortal config, I can choose in the capture card properties the device to use... And in this combo i can read "TV tuner" and "tuner".
    So I could be nice to have the same option for the FM tuner.

Thx develos ! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom