For cable or sat user by composite#1 (1 Viewer)

mediaportal-fr.com

Portal Member
September 18, 2004
France
It's just an idea:

Is it possible to define as a composite any channel?

because when I am using the TVGuide for sat or cable channel I can't schedule a record for this item, I must use a manual recording ( so no information of the event are memorize )

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This was reported on IRC to.
    THis should indeed be possible.

I'll put it in the todo.txt

soren

July 5, 2004
    It would be great to have more than one program on a CVBS or SVHS input.

Would it be posible to define a number for each SAT ( CVBS ) channel.

This number could then be sent to the SAT reciever via RS232 and a IR transmitter.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Soren,

It can be done already using the USBUIRT and defining an 'External' channel. See the advanced button when manually adding channels. You can select the composite or SVHS source to use and the channel number USBUIRT will use to send to the external STB.
    Then you configure XMLTV to grab the additional channels the external STB has. They will then appear in the TV guide to schedule recordings etc.

Enjoy

DMAN.

R

rhubarb

dman_lfc said:
    It can be done already using the USBUIRT and defining an 'External' channel. See the advanced button when manually adding channels. You can select the composite or SVHS source to use and the channel number USBUIRT will use to send to the external STB.
    Then you configure XMLTV to grab the additional channels the external STB has. They will then appear in the TV guide to schedule recordings etc.

While it's great that this is possible, for users of satellite tv it's annoying to have to do this for every channel, when every channel is coming in through the STB.
    It would be nice to be able to set the Default for all channels as External.

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @dman

i got a problem with the external channels which i cant understand.
    when i switch through the channels, i dont get sound. sometimes when switching to the next channel i still se the previous channel now playing the proper sound ??????
    hope u understand what i mean.

im using a hauppauge 350
    USB UIRT
    and a sat box

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    matis1,

Sounds like an input problem on the PVR350.
    I would do manual testing without USBUIRT to test this.

Also turn off Timeshifting as another test to determine if the problem still occurs.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom