For the Record - is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Got it working now. So far so good. How do I import the tv channel logos though?

Copy your logos into c:\Program Files\For The Record\Services\Channel Logos\ . You will struggle with 5*, and the best thing to do is to rename the channel "5 Star" and then rename the logo the same, and it will all work fine.

Personally, I have given up with 4TR. I managed to resolve quite a few issues, but it really wasn't anywhere as stable as normal MP (with the MP tuner, or Argus tuner).

I really really love the web service function, but just can't move away from the stability that you get from MP in its native setup.

Robbo100

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I have been upgraded to MP 1.2.2 but when entering the configure panel from MP I get an error that says tvplugin is incompatible.. Anyone a solution for this yet?

I'm using fortherecord 1.6.0.1

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi,

I have been upgraded to MP 1.2.2 but when entering the configure panel from MP I get an error that says tvplugin is incompatible.. Anyone a solution for this yet?

The default 4TR tvplugin not yet compatible with 1.2.2. Please ask on the 4TR forum for an update or use some resource hacker tool to update it yourself.

mkjustuk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2011
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Personally, I have given up with 4TR. I managed to resolve quite a few issues, but it really wasn't anywhere as stable as normal MP (with the MP tuner, or Argus tuner).

Robbo100

What was the issue - I've never had any stability issues with 4TR - I am not sure how 4TR could make MP unstable though unless it's the Argus tuner (I've only ever used MP tuner).

Maybe you have it setup differently to me, but I just use the 4TR MP plugin and MP tuner. I then only interact otherwise with 4TR through the web page option.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi,

Uninstall 4TR, choose keep tuning details during this bit, then reinstall, all should now be fine, have been running 1.2.2 for a week now without issue.

ps. the plugins will always update to the version of MP found on install.

Regards

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country

Robbo100

What was the issue - I've never had any stability issues with 4TR - I am not sure how 4TR could make MP unstable though unless it's the Argus tuner (I've only ever used MP tuner).

Maybe you have it setup differently to me, but I just use the 4TR MP plugin and MP tuner. I then only interact otherwise with 4TR through the web page option.

Basically, I was having problems with the system recovering from standby and reinitialising the cards (which in fairness to 4TR I have discovered are due to Win 7 drivers (I just upgraded to win 7). However, I found that the client side plugin was far less responsive. I run a separate client / server setup, and when I powered on the client and the server was started by WOL it took ages until 4TR would work on the client (takes a couple of seconds with normal MP). I would often have to quit MP on the client just to get it working.

Also, on the server (which also has the client software installed), if I played a programme that was currently recording it would make MP minimise and hang.

The whole process of selecting and viewing TV seemed to be far more sluggish, and if there was a problem with one tuner, it would not default to the next available tuner, it would just report that tuning failed.

I am really gutted, because the web interface was a dream, and the upcoming version looks even better. I would be overjoyed if someone could make a web service of that quality for native MP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom