For what is media portal software? (1 Viewer)

darko

April 18, 2007
Austria
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
I downloaded the software, the 0.2.2.0 release.

diseqc is not working correctly with 2 lnb.
the plugins such google, youtube - no picture, also no with mplayer plugin.

when i installed svn and tv engine - i could not start tv, because of server. which server? i don't need a server. why server?:confused:

is there a possibility to download a media portal which can run on dual core E6300 with 2 GB RAM?
since monday i study this good software, but on my pc it doesn't go.

i get only astra run on lnb.(i know i read all the posts). the picture is very slow. i tried with all codecs - negativ.

and the best is memory. over 600 MB and cpu 50%. i have gf 7600gs (256mb/128bit).

could someone post a version which is allready running ok for similar hardware as i have?

on my system i run mytheatre, progdvb, all possible - no problem. only with media portal there is a problem.

media portal is only interested for me for iptv. sat tv is not nacessary, because there is not support for vplug, and nowadays i would need 10 CI slots to watch tv in austria, and it is not posible. premiere is not interesning for me, because of channels. i have SAT with 20 neighbours, and only astra+hotbird. because austria has only 3 tv channels. ORF has the monopoly in austria. this is a village to germany, italy, spain, GB, and so on.
slovenia, croatia, serbia and macedonia have more channels, after war, embargo...

when you live in autria you need all international packages,
for croatia i need 1 ci, for total tv serbia normaly i need a box, for sky UK - box, sky it- box. tps - box. i don't live in this states which are 20 years in future of austria.

i want to say, mytheatre or progdvb i will also need, when media portal runs very well, if there is not inofficial suport for "plugins". because in htpc i can not have many CI's.

can i fix this problems with tv engine?
i can't help myself anymore.

sorry for my english, is very bad and sorry for moaning.

have a nice day guys.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Darko,

OK, sadly, it sounds like you have got into a little mess so far with Mediaportal (MP). Let's make it simple.
    Uninstall whatever MP stuff you have installed.
    Download this: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mediaportal/MediaPortal_0.2.2.zip?download

That will give you a stable MP with no server. The server version you have is a beta version and not good for people learning Mediaportal.
    The SVN you downloaded is a new (daily, non-server) version that is still being worked on. Don't use SVN until you are happy with how MP works on your system and are willing to risk the possibility of bugs.

CAMs are not discussed on this forum (due to legal reasons) and talking about them will not get you a warm reception.
    However if you google Mediaportal and CAMs you will find information. Sorry, I did have a link to a site but have lost it.

Good luck,

Nick Name.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

CAMs are no problem with MP if you are talking about Hardware-CAMs with legal subscription. Only talking about Software-CAMs is very welcome.

You do not tell us at all what tv card you use?

I have no probs running MP on E6300 1GB 7600GT and two Hauppauge PVRs. Please follow NickNames advice. Use the official 0.2.2.0 release and not SVN...

Flip.

darko

April 18, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    thx anyway for the answers. you are amazing.
    i told you that i allready have a problem with the 0.2.2 release, without svn.
    i tried also with svn, and it doesn't work. i mean teh SAT lnb. only 1 works. on the other lnb i get no signal. i use nova-s with bda driver.

but doesn't matter.
    0.2.2 works fine with wwitv plugin.
    but i also need to get it to work with online media, with youtube, google video...
    i read the instructions of the plugins and installed all fine.
    but when i try to play, nothing happens.
    did you get it to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom