Force installation of TV-Server? (1 Viewer)

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Australia Australia
Country flag
My MP1 installation (HTPC + TV-Server) got a little wobbly (items not working, plugins not uninstalling properly, etc...) I tried to uninstall MP, but it did want to. So I had to clean the directories manually and re-install MP. It worked like a charm... sort of. The instalation program went into the upgrade mode, but refuses to acknowledge that the TV-Server was already installed. So now I have a nicely-working MP1 with TV-series and Movie plugins correctly automatically added (so I didn't lose any info), but I cannot get MP to admit the TV-Server needs to be re-installed. And my only choice would be to do a "clean" install and lose my data.

Is there any way to force the installation program to install the TV Server?

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Use something like 7-zip to unpack the main installer file e.g. 'MediaPortalSetup_1.20_Final.exe'.

Then open the 'MediaPortalSetup_1.20_Final' folder, then the 'deploy' folder. It should have 'package-tvengine.exe' (the TV-Server installer) and 'package-mediaportal.exe' (the MP Client installer) inside it.

Just run 'package-tvengine.exe' to re-install/overwrite TV-Server.

Note this method only does a basic (re-)install - it doesn't install any extra stuff like MySQL etc. which the main installer handles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M.Hulot Blu-ray: Es werden nicht nur Forced Subtitles angezeigt Allgemeines Supportforum 1
    G [fixed] [MP2-811] Forced client wake-up at 2:00 2.2 Archive 32
    A [solved] Upgraded HTPC. Cannot install MP anymore Installation, configuration support 3
    M Installing Plugins Newcomers Forum 2
    doskabouter Installing mediaportal MediaPortal 1 3
    toricred x64 Bit Installer for 2.2.3 General 2
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
    C Can't install any extensions - DLL error Installation, configuration support 19
    joecrow 1.25.0 5031: Error on Install. Bugreports 24
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    M MediaPortal2 TV Config Error on Install (0x80004005) General 7
    ajs [fixed] 5022: Improving the MPE Installer, providing nicer GUI :) MediaPortal 1 42
    Rob Hexenmeister Dependency error on install v2.3.2.0 OnlineVideos 28
    ajs [fixed] 5015: Improving the MP1 installer, providing nicer GUI :) MediaPortal 1 138
    N No TV or EPG on fresh install General 0
    D [solved] Changed username in Win10, now TV Server config crashes on fresh install Installation, configuration support 1
    T MediaPortal Extensions Manager Fehlermeldung bei Installation einer Erweiterung Installationsprobleme? 1
    doskabouter [Question] Optional installation of subcomponents in MPE1 Developer Discussions 1
    D Unable to install 1.22 on Win 10 Newcomers Forum 9
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
    J Server vs Client Install General 5
    G Newb trying MP2, trouble with guide data General 5
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    geotwticher [solved] Fatal Error 0x80070643 during MP2 installation General 7
    B 'Successful' install of MP2.2.2 on W8.1 - but can't connect to sql db General 1