fortherecord installation mediastream skin? (1 Viewer)

rob whittaker

Portal Member
February 28, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there guys.
guess id better start off with a a hiya! been farting around with mediaportal for a few eeks now but i thought it was about time i posted on the forums as im totally stuck!
cant work out for the life of me how to install fortherecord onto my pc, never mind the other things i wanna do with it... (use it for server client, client. use it inside the mediaportal tv slot, record via actor and set upo records remotley etc).
Im stuck at the moment when it asks you to specify a mysql server for it. does this mean i have to manually creat one because the normal localhost isnt working.
if anyone could give me a rundown on how to install it hopefully i should be able to do the rest :D anyhelp would be much appreaciated!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Strange title.

Firstly have you setup TVServer, this creates tvdb in MySQL which FTR connects too using name "root" and password "MediaPortal" case sensitive.

Or are you using FTR's Argus tuner, the more info you give us the better we can help.

rob whittaker

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    believe me when i say theres going to be more strange things coming from me! thks is my first htpc build and i literally have no idea what the hell i am doing :D all fun though.
    unfortunatley my test pc has just given up the ghost so im going to have to requisition another one. i think however you may have sorted it with logging into the mp server. didnt know it needed to do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom