Forum Issue Tracking Question (1 Viewer)

Pancho1005

June 8, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

maybe a strange question and not completely related to MediaPortal content but more about how you're organized internally with this Forum:

In what way are you tracking and tracing issues which are submitted in your forum?
I expect you have different Moderators, testers etc etc and of course 1000s of members.

How can the moderators/testers keep track of those issues and know exactly which ones are assigned to them and know which ones still need action and follow up?? (issue owner)

I saw that you use something in the Forum called Bugtracking, but that looks to me as just another section of the forum. Or is there more behind it?

E.g.: Normally when a moderator is checking New Post, once the Post is viewed it doesn't show in New Post any more. How do you then know where that issue is (location in forum) and how do you know and see that it still needs you attention?

I know there are a lot of Issue-Tracking software programs, but I don't find any info if integration in a Forum is possible.

I hope you can explain a little bit in what way the MediaPortal crew is dealing with this or any additional hint is welcome and very much appreciated.

Many many thanks upfront for your time!

Greetings from a happy MediaPortal user,

Fran Keijmes

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Roadmap - MediaPortal Bugtracker

If you scroll through the various pages it gives you a overview of who's doing what.

Mediaportal - CIA.vc

The above only deals with problems we can confirm, unfortunately individual problems are less easy to keep track of, i use the new posts button to get current 24hrs activity, in your user cp you can also keep track of threads you have subscribed too.

Sorry if this sounds a bit vague, but there are a hell of a lot of posts, and not one person here could answer every question put to them.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom