Forum Suggestion: Relevant searchs and posts (1 Viewer)

jackflack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2008
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey everyone,

Long time lurker here with a minor/major suggestion. I am just getting absolutely lost in plug-ins land. I appreciate all of the authors who work tirelessly for free I am assuming. I love their gadgets and their ideas. It's finding them that has me baffled. I use the search function, I use the links inside of comments to look for the next little nugget of cutting edge plug-ins that make me want to make love to media portal every night.

It's finding it that has me so disheartened.

We have tons of users on the forums. I see more than 50 logged in and many a lurker. I have a small idea how to harness that. We need a trend feature for the forums. Hot Search items like they have at ( NZBIndex - We index, you search ) at the bottom you will see the hottest key words used. Or a ranking that allows us to see the most active threads and if they are moving up and down.

I know you can see posts counts, but some threads are years old and stopped being relevant months or years ago. Some threads get moved and there is only a link buried in there pointing to the new thread. Some of them even get remade but are left open and if you are not savvy re-read old information that isn't relevant to the newest version of media portal.

I hope this wasn't too long and maybe will help the website maintainers with a little feedback.

-jack:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom