Forum Forum updated to Xenforo 1.2.2 (1 Viewer)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We just (nearly) completed the update of our board-software to version Xenforo 1.2.1. While most changes are not that obvious, it required a completely reworked style and nearly all plugins had to be updated. We also used this update for some cleanup of unused plugins.

Users will mostly benefit from the new responsive design on mobiles/smartphones (which still need some finetuning during the next days) and a new editor, based on Redactor. Should be noticable faster then the old TinyMCE and hopefully produce less issues.
    If you had watched specific forums in the past you need to re-watch them as the function changed from a plugin to inbuild.

short changelog:
    • User merging and bulk user management
    • Post edit history and logging
    • Signature permissions
    • Route filters (a system to change XenForo's URLs)
    • Template modifications and comparison utilities
    • Template merging and edit history
    • A new editor with drag and drop, image paste support, user tagging, and iOS/Android support
    • A fully responsive design
    • Support for watching a forum
    • User group and staff banners
    • Bulk thread management

The related release news: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-2-0-released.55982/

If you encounter any issues, please clean your browser-cache first and then write a usable bug-report here. This should contain a detailed/reproducable description and some background info like your browser-version or OS.

known issues:
    -Code-selector for additional code-styles does not work in new editor. Use manual Geshi-codes please (code=xy)
    -staff-banners may cover the avatar when using responsive design

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Right now (just came home from work) I'm browsing the site with great difficulty as I keep getting logged out (every time I click a link on the site later than a few seconds from logging in.

Suggestions? I've tried re-starting Chrome.
    Emph

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Right now (just came home from work) I'm browsing the site with great difficulty as I keep getting logged out (every time I click a link on the site later than a few seconds from logging in.
    I would suggest to clean mp-domain related cookies first and see if that changes the behavior
    a helper for Chrome

IE 11 Probleme in win7 and win 8.1 (rtm) !
    IE11 Preview is not supported yet and will cause issues, please wait for the public final

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just about to create a new post when I stumbled on this.

Since the upgrade, browsing the forum with Opera mini (on my N95, I know it's old, but it still works) returns pages without horizontal scrollbars.
    On a low resolution (240x320) it's not really usable anymore, because without scrollbars, I often have only space for 8-10 characters (due to avatars and other info appearing on the left of the forum posts)

I know I'm stretching it with this old hardware, but is there a solution for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom