Fractal remote will not wake computer (1 Viewer)

zator

Portal Member
August 19, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello.

I used to use a Medion X10 remote to control my HTPC. A couple of days ago i bought a new remote control: the fractal - shape HTCP remote control. The fractal remote seems to work as inteded in mediaportal, but it will not wake my computer from S3 sleep. This used to work on my Medion remote.

Anybody has gotten this remote to wake their HTPC?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is the receiver being used the usb supplied one, does it light up as if receivng signal, just does not resume pc, as much information as you can give would help.

zator

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is the receiver being used the usb supplied one, does it light up as if receivng signal, just does not resume pc, as much information as you can give would help.

I am using the reciever that followed the product. The reciever light is blinking when im pressing buttons and the HTPC is in S3 sleep, so the reciever is getting power, however it does not start. When i manually start the computer it seems like the buttons i have pressed have stacked up, so the computer recieves them all at once.

Please let me know if you need more information.

zator

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have some new information to add. I have tested this on 2 different win7 and 1 win vista computer, and they all act the same. If the computer is in s3 sleep and i for 2-3sec press the power button on my remote and afterwards click on the mouse controller on the remote, the computer wakes. I thought that it was a problem on one of my computers, but this seems to wake all of my computers. Im now wondering if it is the remote there is something wrong with?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I'm wondering as this emulates keyboard\mouse, that the manufacturer IS relying purely on the windows HID power management.

So to say more simply.

Power Button = Turn off, as in standby\hibernate.

Mouse function (HID) = Resume

zator

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This appears to be correct. No matter which mouse related button i press on the remote it will, after i have pressed the power button for 2-3sec, wake the computer. Rather annoying that i am not able to turn on my computer by just clicking one button :/

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I know this is an old thread, but I have fallen foul of this issue (with recently acquiring the same remote control unit)

Did you ever find a fix?

Thanks,

J.

zator

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I'm sorry to inform you that I never solved the problem. I found a rather cheap MCE remote on ebay instead, which has no problems at all :)

madvario

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Northern Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fractal remote will not wake computer

possibly anyone could help me,
    i bought the remote a time ago and i still have the problem, that in teletext there is a double mapping of the numberkeyboard.
    does anyone solved this problem?

Sorry for my bad english.

thx

madvario

got some time to test some settings.

i deleted in mapping setup the "no condition" action for all numbers.
    no it works fine on videotext.

edit:
    if this post helps anyone, please don't forget to click the THX-Button...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom