Freesat EPG (1 Viewer)

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am confused. I had set up my system initially with a terrestrial tuner (for testing) and successfully had an EPG (UK Freeview). I have now activated the satellite tuner and naively thought that I would automatically get a Freesat EPG. I now realise that this is not going to be the case

But my confusion has come about having waded through various forums about EPG’s. Many of the questions raised have been written by people who already have a far greater knowledge of the system than me and I get the impression that there are many ways of doing this but not all might be appropriate in every situation

So I am hoping for some simple guidance here. I gather that it is possible for the system to be made to pick up the Freesat EPG data from the broadcaster but I have failed to gather sufficient info on how to do this. One posting made reference to a file Freesat.info which I certainly don’t have on my system

Can someone guide me?

Thanks

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Branksome,

I too, use a mix of DVB-T and DVB-S/S2 cards and watch a mix of Freeview and Freesat channels. I have a very comprehensive EPG that spans seven days and also utilises the 'Series Link' facility that Sky offers. I use a customised version of MP & MP TV Server that has been created by Miroslav. I couldn't recommend it more highly and for me it has been flawless and the series link facility is a bonus. The only channel that doesn't seem to populate is ITV4+1 all the other Freesat ones (inc Dave, which is not on Freesat) gets EPG data as it comes from the stream transmitted by Sky.

The link to the thread is >>here<<.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I am confused. I had set up my system initially with a terrestrial tuner (for testing) and successfully had an EPG (UK Freeview). I have now activated the satellite tuner and naively thought that I would automatically get a Freesat EPG. I now realise that this is not going to be the case

But my confusion has come about having waded through various forums about EPG’s. Many of the questions raised have been written by people who already have a far greater knowledge of the system than me and I get the impression that there are many ways of doing this but not all might be appropriate in every situation

So I am hoping for some simple guidance here. I gather that it is possible for the system to be made to pick up the Freesat EPG data from the broadcaster but I have failed to gather sufficient info on how to do this. One posting made reference to a file Freesat.info which I certainly don’t have on my system

Can someone guide me?

Thanks

Hi,

You need to select the channel first.

Look in DVB EPG-->Radio EPG Grabber

Ensure you do not have "Store data for selected channel only" selected.

Then select either "Freesat Info" or "Radio Caroline" and your epg will populate.

DJ

CAPTAIN_CESSNA

Portal Member
    March 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi there DJBlu,

This's my first post and I don't currently have MP, but I plan to make the move from 7MC. I'm just checking everything will work as advertised before I do anything! Does this download the EPG data for all Freesat channels through the dish? Is it the full 7 day EPG for all channels, not just the now/next?

Whilst on the subject of EPG, I have just made a post and gotten a response on AVForums regarding channels moving transponder. From what I gather I can download a channel list for Freesat directly from the MP interface and re-scan only for those channels to pick up any missing ones. How do I go about this?

Thanks!

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Oh, and when you say:

From what I gather I can download a channel list for Freesat directly from the MP interface and re-scan only for those channels to pick up any missing ones.
    , just for clarity, the TV channel scanning can only be done using the configuration GUI and not using the 10 ft GUI.

T

Thanks

Oooh gotcha... Thanks! Certainly going to have a crack at it now!

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

For everyone using freesat EPG, could you please test the TsWriter.ax from here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-urgent-help-needed-from-all-tv-users.106783/

and let us know if it is still working fine.

This really is important, because as it stands this TsWriter.ax is likely to make it into 1.2.3, since we have a lot of positive reports and only one negative. Since it fixes freeview HD EPG, it is going to be important for a lot of users.

We really don't want to take a chance on breaking freesat EPG if we can avoid it, so we need to know if there is a general problem.

If is doesn't work perfectly, please post full logs.

Thanks,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom