Freeze, jump, jerk in recording (1 Viewer)

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello

I have a MSI mega 180 with the recomented tv card, which is a software one. I would prefer a hardware, byt till the money are there it's gonna be this one. But when i recond with MP it like freeezes every sec. like it's too slow to compress it. I have tried quite a few different codecs. I have tried to play the reconding no another computer and the same. I have recorded in MPEG2 with the software that comes with the cmoputer, and no problem with that. the cpu is a sempron 2600+ the comuter has 512 mb ram 64 alocated for the graphicscard.

Does anyone have a good idea how to solve this. And does anyone have a MPEG2 codec so i can record in MPEG2 when i get it to work

René

Acteo

Portal Pro
August 15, 2005
Echiré, France
Home Country
France France
Hello,

Did you try not to encode audio in the same time as video ?
Try MJPEG codec (it is included in ffdshow). The files are quite big but don't require too much cpu usage...

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello

i have tried that Mjpeg one, and with that one it doesn just not record at all? it says recondign. but cpu power is at nearly 0, and no file is created? How do you disable the sound beeing reocnded with the video?

René

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hej

I tryed PCM but it still did it. I just don't get it, cause the processor power is not at 100 %. But i ended on giving up and change the card to another softwaqre one i had lying around.

René

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom