[fixed] Freeze on skip back/forwarded on recorded TV (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

It seems to be just the one file (Celebrity Masterchef), that freezes when I try to skip back or forward.

I have attached a log file, I hope it's the right one. MediaPortal just freezes when I try and skip through the file, after a couple of minutes it will respond to the stop command and let me resume playback on the file, but will still not allow me to skip.

lisa

Last edited by a moderator:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Okay, have done.

I replicated the problem by starting a new session of MediaPortal and then started playing the problem file from the beginning, I then skipped forward 3 minutes and it was okay, after a couple of seconds I skipped forward another minute and it froze.

Hopefully the right logs are attached now!

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    If you just play the file from the beginning, does it play OK all the way through to the end (or are there jumps/corruptions) ?

I suspect there is a problem with the file (in the TsReader log, the PCR PID has changed after the first skip, which shouldn't happen) which might be causing the skip problems.

Tony

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    If you just play the file from the beginning, does it play OK all the way through to the end (or are there jumps/corruptions) ?

I suspect there is a problem with the file (in the TsReader log, the PCR PID has changed after the first skip, which shouldn't happen) which might be causing the skip problems.

Tony
    Yes, I have watched it through and it played through perfectly, no glitches - it just will not skip back and forth.

Interestingly, I have kept the file and just tested it on a MediaPortal client in the bedroom, running 1.2.3 beta. It plays back perfectly, and skips back and forth perfectly on that PC.

lisa

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    OK, thanks.

On the 1.2.3 system, can you try repeating the skip steps you did for the 1.3.0 logs and attach the TsReader log please ?

Can you play the file from beginning to end on 1.3.0A and attach the TsReader log please ?

Tony

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Sure. Here is the log from the 1.2.3 machine. Will get the one from the 1.3.0 machine this morning.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    And here is the log from the 1.3.0 machine with the file played all the way through to the end...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Do you use the MP TV Server or 4TR ?

If it's MP TV Server, can you attach the TsWriter log for the day (3rd Sept) when the recording was made ? (The file has a problem - PCR pid is changing twice in the file, which is confusing the seek logic, so I'd like to see what TsWriter did when it created it....)

Tony

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes, I do use the MP TV Server, here is the log file..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom