Frustrated newb, broke my ATSC - can someone please help? (1 Viewer)

Xtrafa

February 18, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi guys,

After a few days of messing around with config stuff, reading setup guides, and lots of forum posts, I managed to get MP working BEAUTIFULLY! Got the lag out of the TV picture and everything. But when I went to work and came home later, for some reason I had lost my audio. Originally when I was trying to fix the stuttering video, I had sen a post about installing WINDVD9, which I did, but I'm prety sure the picture quality was fixed when I switched to the LAV video codecs... Now, trying to "fix" the unexplained no audio, I've tried just about every combination of codecs, and not only do I still have no audio, but the laggy video is back as well. I've installed powerdvd11 now, and ffdshow as well, but still no luck fixing things on my own, and I've read that it really isn't great to go installing all sorts of unneeded codecs, so I thought I should probaly ask for help.

I'm about ready to uninstall mediaportal and try reinstalling (with no guarantee that I'l stumble across the right settings the 2nd time setting this up), and if that doesn't work, I'll probably reformat and reinstall win7. And if that doesn't work, I'll probly want to smash the laptop into a million pieces lol!

I'm really bummed about this... I was so excited that it was working perfectly, and I was going to get to deliver the bad news to my cable company the next day and return our cable box, but no... its broken now. :(

I'm a total newb to this, so if anybody has the patience to hold my hand and walk me through what needs to be done, I'd be so grateful.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit (Tiny)
Dell Inspiron 1525
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3299 @ 2.00GHZ
3GB Ram
Sabrent USB tuner (shows up as Microtune in MP)
I'm going to the TV through HDMI, and had the sound going that way as well when it was all working.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom