full HD capabilities in MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

mkuron

Portal Member
November 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
With a bit of tweaking the ffdshow settings and using it as post-processing filter for TV/DVD/Movies, I am able to get acceptable results on scaling 560x400 pixel DivX movies up to 1440x900 (my laptop's screen size). I guess upscaling PAL/NTSC to 1080p should yield similar results (with some more tweaking, probably even better ones).

floepie

Portal Pro
November 5, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Really? So this could be the reason why some of my FullHD files dont play on my HD2400?
I use PowerDVD and FFDShow.... but Graphedit doesnt show FFDShow being use when playing FullHD.

You mean that your 1080p files (Full HD) don't play, but your 720p files do? What does ffdshow not showing in your graphedits have to do with your card not being able to render the video?

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi All

I bought the ATI 2600 XT, awesome card for video playback..not so good for games. Just a question, which driver version should I use with the ATI card because I'm having screen freeze problems when I switch on hardware decoding when using InterVideo codec in MediaPortal.

HD2600XT not good for games??? whats the problem? (just ordered one online)
AFAIK the unified catalyst driver should work with this card... if theres problems with freezing its probably the intervideo codec thats the problem...

Paulusch

June 18, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hmm I am wondering if there will be any difference between the Ati Radeon HD2400Pro/XT or the 2600Pro/XT when being used only for movie playback in a HTPC (no games).
Some say the 2600 series have better de-interlacing and some other features that are less with a 2400.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    *Quote removed due to revised forumrules about these types of SW*

A word of caution here, many (if not all) new DVD drives have firmware that follows the region code of the inserted DVD through up to 5 changes and then remains locked on the last region used. The use of SW like (name of evil software :D -Spragleknas) is not likely to help here. There are firmware patches available for some drives which enable you to circumvent this, and there are also some programs which will allow you to set the region code manually. IIRC, a region code of 7 or 8 is used for ships and airplanes and should allow viewing of material from all regions. Unfortunately, thes patches and utilities are HW-specific, so you will have to search the internet for what you need in your particular case. There is also the risk of turning your DVD into a brick, if the patch or regoin-setting process doesn't work correctly.

Hi There

Portal Member
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hmm I am wondering if there will be any difference between the Ati Radeon HD2400Pro/XT or the 2600Pro/XT when being used only for movie playback in a HTPC (no games).
    Some say the 2600 series have better de-interlacing and some other features that are less with a 2400.

There is...but ATI has been demoing a new driver build that basically erases the difference between a 2400 and a 2600 with regard to HW acceleration for the various codecs involved in HD-DVD and BluRay.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/pos...u-usage-during-hd-playback-ati-vs-nvidia.html

BTW, i believe use of AnyDVD will allow you to upscale DVD to HD resolutions via component output or analog VGA, as well as output copy-protected HD over analog, both of which can be otherwise disallowed depending on the playback software you use. It becomes a non-issue on HDCP compliant outputs, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom