[Usability] Fullscreen to Window Mode (1 Viewer)

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    I would like to suggest improved Fullscreen<->Window handling.

Usually when you double click an application (be it PowerDVD, Media Player, etc..), the program instantly jumps from fullscreen mode to Window Mode, preserving what ever is on the screen.

Currently in MP, if you double-click the screen (Live TV), it shows the "On Now" screen instead of going into Window Mode.
    Often we need to do something in Windows quickly while MP is running. At the moment we need to shut down MP to quickly access the Desktop (ALT-TAB and CTRL-ENTER messages are blocked or ignored).

If you force Windowed Mode by pressing ALT+ENTER, it takes a long time for it to restore itself in a Window (I think MP is restarting the TV Service or something), rather than preserving the TV stream and redirecting the current output from a fullscreen overlay/VMR to a window/hWnd. Plus I think there is a bug when you press ALT+ENTER. When in a Window, the "On Now" OSD dialog is stuck onscreen. Here is a picture of the stuck OSD:
    onnowstuck.jpg

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This will never be done in MP1, but will be part of MP2.

This has been asked for sooo many times, just not possible with the MP1 design.

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    I see, no worries I'll work around it for now.

I didn't realize this was raised before. I always search before posting, guess I didn't search hard enough :p

Thanks anyway :)

dedi

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Alt-Enter switches between fullscreen and windowed. Thats the keybind im used anyway (quake engine:D)

update: sorry i was sure that works. seems it does not :) update2: on the other system it works per default. strange :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom