Future Options (1 Viewer)

iampedro

Portal Member
December 6, 2004
1. I would love to have the option to make my computer to have a black Screen option so that I won't use it.

2. I would like to have a way that I can automically shut down Media Portal after a certain time so that nobody ( my kids ) can watch TV after a certain time. Though it will still record in the background.

3. I would love to have the feature where it ecodes to our liking MPEG 4.0, DIVX 5.0

4. THE MCE 2005 Users can install this program and it will have an option where this will be the primary Media Center over the other and you can press the Media center main button and it will work as the defaut remote and control the default Media Portal program.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    1. I would love to have the option to make my computer to have a black Screen option so that I won't use it.

Make a new entry in Myprograms and choose the blank screensaver.

2. I would like to have a way that I can automically shut down Media Portal after a certain time so that nobody ( my kids ) can watch TV after a certain time. Though it will still record in the background.

Use powerscheduler so that it goes into standby after xx mintues, and it will wake up again so to record. Put a password on it so that resume from standby requires a password. Or if you want to stop it being used after say 5pm just do a scheduled task to do suspend at that time.

3. I would love to have the feature where it ecodes to our liking MPEG 4.0, DIVX 5.0

Hardware cards dont, but doesnt software cards give you this choice?

4. THE MCE 2005 Users can install this program and it will have an option where this will be the primary Media Center over the other and you can press the Media center main button and it will work as the defaut remote and control the default Media Portal program.

Not following here... the remote will activate whatever program is in focus. And MP has an option to always keep MP in focus.

iampedro

Portal Member
    December 6, 2004
    I was hoping that when you install Media Portal on MCE 2004 / 2005 Machine it will automically detect it and step you threw a wizzard that will ask you if you want to dis-able MCE 2004/2005 and use media portal only, then it will ask you what type of remote that you have and automically program that for you for media portal and when you press the open button on MCE 2004 remote it will open media portal not MCE 2004/2005. Does this make since to you as a request?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom